Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hdip placement

Options
  • 11-06-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    I got the dip in galway in the second round offers, really happy about it - but having a real hard time finding a school - they all seem to be full --- anyone have any advice -- thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Hi there

My first piece of advice is to contact the college. You should have it by the end of this month I think and if you don't they will want to know why.

So just explain that you have been looking. Unfortunately for you, people who were offered places first time round got there first, so naturally it will be harder for you.

Worst case scenario you don't find anything, the college will sort something out for you.

Two other pieces of advice would be:

1. Don't just apply to colleges on the list of schools given to you by Galway(if they gave you a list - I know Maynooth did) Thats only a list of schools that normally take in Dip students. You may find that schools that were normally snobby about this before may be changing their tune this coming year, with all the cuts they would want to be mad to turn down a free teacher

2. Go back to your old school, if possible. If you're originally from Galway, or if you're not, is the TP done as a block there?

But, Congrats on the place. And Good Luck!! I'm doing it this september too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nickita123

Hiya
    thanks a mill for the advice -- just got a school today so over the moon!
    best of luck to you too this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

nickita123 wrote: »
    Hiya
    thanks a mill for the advice -- just got a school today so over the moon!
    best of luck to you too this year :)

thats good news, thanks, and good luck too, I'm thinking we're gonna need it!

Advertisement