Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunstar Heroes - PSN

Options
  • 11-06-2009 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

Is anyone buying this Megadrive classic?

I tried to buy it earlier but I just got an error when I tried. There is online co-op play included so if anyone gets it add me on PSN.

PSN - The40Watt

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buy it you fools. It's automatically the best game on the PS3 :)

Yes I have a too much love for this game but it's excellent.

As for not being able to download it it's just the typical PSN service, seems to go down for a while after a significant update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As for not being able to download it it's just the typical EU PSN service, seems to go down for a while after a significant update.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5 euros.....I dunno.

Probably wouldn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Played through two stages earlier. I had forgotten so much about it, i.e. the board game section. Amazing how they pulled that stuff off on the Megadrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

This is that game right? The one that Retr0 gets upset over? Because of some review?

Tell me Retr0, should I trust you yet again and get this? What kind of game is it? I could just look it up on a wiki but I figure a post from you about it will be more entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

GothPunk wrote: »
    This is that game right? The one that Retr0 gets upset over? Because of some review?

Tell me Retr0, should I trust you yet again and get this? What kind of game is it? I could just look it up on a wiki but I figure a post from you about it will be more entertaining.

Ah man its soooooo sh1te!!!

Waste of €5. They should have put UN squadron on XBLA and PSN.

BEST SHMUP EVER!!!

hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BEST SHMUP EVER!!!

hehe
    RUN!!!Run ya mad bsatrd!!!!Retr0s turning green :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If anyone wants to game share this I have inferno pool and trash panic to trade. I would buy it and wolfenstein if I had credit card but I don't and there is no PSN cards in Europe as of yet :(

If you want to game share add me on PSN or message me: cartman91

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    5 euros.....I dunno.

Probably wouldn't like it.

It's an amazing little game, arguably the best megadrive game ever. At least try the demo. Just don't use continus, son't play it on easy and when you beat it on normal try hard mode since it changes all the boss attack patterns.

Yes this is the game I usually end up ranting about because the idiots at edge gave one of the best games ever made a 6/10. Basically this game is like Contra except way better. You have health so it's a bit more forgiving, it has melee moves, an excellent weapon system where you combine weapons to make 20 unique ones and one of the best co-op modes ever. Try the demo, it's loads of fun and only gets better. It also contains the second greatest boss battle ever, Seven Force. First place goes to Queen Fossil in G-Darius if anyone is wondering.

BEST SHMUP EVER!!!

hehe

You're lucky I've been playing Fallout 3 until now and am too tired for a full scale Gunstar Heroes rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's an amazing little game, arguably the best megadrive game ever. At least try the demo. Just don't use continus, son't play it on easy and when you beat it on normal try hard mode since it changes all the boss attack patterns.

Yes this is the game I usually end up ranting about because the idiots at edge gave one of the best games ever made a 6/10. Basically this game is like Contra except way better. You have health so it's a bit more forgiving, it has melee moves, an excellent weapon system where you combine weapons to make 20 unique ones and one of the best co-op modes ever. Try the demo, it's loads of fun and only gets better. It also contains the second greatest boss battle ever, Seven Force. First place goes to Queen Fossil in G-Darius if anyone is wondering.

You're lucky I've been playing Fallout 3 until now and am too tired for a full scale Gunstar Heroes rant.

Wow now your making me want to buy it :eek: Hmm might buy it in the next week or so, looks like an alright game from just seeing pictures. Is there any trophy support? Because that would make me want to buy it even more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there any trophy support? Because that would make me want to buy it even more :)

Yes, there is trophies in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Trophies: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/gunstar-heroes/trophies/

Will be getting this. Anyone want to play through it in online coop then? We could probably do it in 1 or 2 sittings. Send me a PM if you're up for it (I'd be up for completing it in 1 sitting tbh though :D)

I'm kind of tempted now to pick this up now :/ Must see if the 3v voucher hasn't expired.

I bought this the other day and I haven't been disappointed, it's stupid fun! I love the weapon combinations and the bosses are just kickass. I'm still a bit bad at it though, I'll have to play it a bit more before I join some Boardsies for co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'm still a bit bad at it though, I'll have to play it a bit more before I join some Boardsies for co-op.

I'm not the best either. Got to Orange and just quit, lol :p

Anyway, I think you are in my friends list also. Do you want to try and play through it later or over the weekend. I'm going to see Transformers 2 tonight, so would be up for a run through ~11pm?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I'm not the best either. Got to Orange and just quit, lol :p

Anyway, I think you are in my friends list also. Do you want to try and play through it later or over the weekend. I'm going to see Transformers 2 tonight, so would be up for a run through ~11pm?
    Yeah I was going to send you a message about it. I'll be with the OH until about 12.30 tonight though, so if you're still up we can give it a go.

If anyone wants to play it with me send a PM to organise it. The PS3 doesn't get much use so not on it that much.

Advertisement