Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry and Physics (2 seperate courses)

Options
  • 11-06-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Any ideas on what might come up for either of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Bleach Titration in chem, full Q on waves in physics.. physics and chemistry usually aren't that predictable, like even if a question is on a certain topic they can always throw a stinker in at the end of the question..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Don't do physics, but for chem I'd be expecting either prep of ethanoic acid or ethanal for the organic experiment, or maybe ethene/ethyne...

Don't know what to expect for the titration!

If you study organic chemistry, titrations (including the ones for water...Winkler method/etda titration), rates of reactions and all of the atomic theory etc, you're covered for 6 questions plus most of the short questions... :)

My money is on bleach and anions for chem. anyway.

I don't really know for physics. I can see there being a lot of modern physics, as the paper was made around the time that the LHC at CERN was making big news.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Ethene/ethyne/ethanol eperiment for organic expt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

ya thanks
    for chem as well there could be a full question on catalysts. My teachers pretty good at predicting every year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I'd say it's very unlikely that they'd give a full question on catalysts. It's such a small part of the syllabus.

All you need to know is:
    -Definition
    -Properties
    -Mechanisms (Intermediate Formation/Surface Adsorption)
    -Types (Hetero/Homogeneous/Autocatalysis)

You need a few examples of enzymes, experiments for types of catalysis and mechanisms, eg. potassium sodium tartrate with H2O2 etc...

Phew, I haven't forgotten all my chem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

I think that something with sonometers is due up in phys, bin ages since it was asked. And all the stuff I know for chem was already said.
    Good luck:), its a b*lls that these two are only a day apart:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

yummy91 wrote: »
    its a b*lls that these two are only a day apart:(.

I was thinking that today alright.

I'm sure there are loads of people out there who do both physics and chemistry. It doesn't really make sense that they should be put on consecutive days in the THIRD week. I mean surely one of them should be on earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Write Im trying to do as well as I can in chemistry to make up for maths!how should i divide my time between now and tuesday?

Advertisement