Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Toll which is paid - legal letter

Options
  • 11-06-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, not sure where to post...

Does anyone know if there's a regulator for the Toll? I'm getting soliticor letters for 'unpaid tolls' which were paid and sorted, Eflow's data systems have been allocating payments to the wrong car and for the wrong journeys, I called them a while ago and gave them my laser card and said I wanted to clear all accounts (two cars in the house), then suddenly got solicitor letters for four unpaid journeys - four seperate letters charged at €100 per letter :mad:. No warning letters or anything.

The query seems to be stuck in some kind of black data hole and Eflow just keep saying the fee stands without properly investigating it, not sure where to go from here except a regulator, but can't seem to find out who regulates the toll if anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

If you have receipts for these toll fees, then youa re in the clear. Present them to Eflow with a solicitors letter of your own ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭kimmykins

as far as a know its an automated system so once a letter is sent the reminder letters keep coming even though you have paid/filed a dispute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Bards

Bring them to the small claims court. You paid for a service which you received but are now receiving letters demanding more money which is illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 25 twomaddogs

The problem is their data system is all over the shop - we have two cars and one bank account and they've been allocating payments to the wrong journeys.

I phoned them a few months ago and said I wanted to clear everything, gave my laser card, and two went into dispute. Before that we've had several where they've charged us and then found out we've already paid. All were cleared before these, i.e they'd made mistakes

The next thing I know I'm getting solicitors letters for four journeys (two returns) with an extra €100 'toll violation fee' (on top of a €40 'unpaid toll notice'). No warning letters to say the disputes didn't stand, nothing. When I queried it, one journey was discounted straight away - now if I paid for one leg of the journey I paid for both, I've always paid online the full amount so not sure why only one was discounted :confused:

As far as I'm concerned I've tried several times to sort it out, but they're now just saying I have to pay €429 and they won't investigate it futher.

There must be someone policing them - surely I'm entitled to see their data so I can see how it differs to my payments?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bards wrote: »
    Bring them to the small claims court. You paid for a service which you received but are now receiving letters demanding more money which is illegal

WHy would you bring them to the smalls claims court?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Bards

kearnsr wrote: »
    WHy would you bring them to the smalls claims court?

Counter sue them for illegaly looking for more payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Bards wrote: »
    Counter sue them for illegaly looking for more payment
    I don't think the SCC works like that. If it to claim for money you feel you are owed, rather than to quash erronous claims against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

twomaddogs wrote: »
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, not sure where to post...

Does anyone know if there's a regulator for the Toll? I'm getting soliticor letters for 'unpaid tolls' which were paid and sorted, Eflow's data systems have been allocating payments to the wrong car and for the wrong journeys, I called them a while ago and gave them my laser card and said I wanted to clear all accounts (two cars in the house), then suddenly got solicitor letters for four unpaid journeys - four seperate letters charged at €100 per letter :mad:. No warning letters or anything.

The query seems to be stuck in some kind of black data hole and Eflow just keep saying the fee stands without properly investigating it, not sure where to go from here except a regulator, but can't seem to find out who regulates the toll if anyone?

Ring them and tell them to go to F**k then call Joe Duffy they are incompetent fools - don't employ a solicitor at your expense -if you have paid the bills and have evidence you have paid them - let them take you to the Distirct Court - represent yourself, explain the position to the judge bring all your receipts with you, ask a local journo to come along and ask for costs - if you are self employed in particular - and BTW write and tell the F*****ers you are going to do all this - send all your receipts copies to the department of transport demanding to know why these incompetent fools have the contract to run this service; and make sure you write to all your TDS - this sets off a whirlwind of questions to the minister of transport and keeps our civil service employed - if you make enough of a nuisance they will wipe it off the system. E-Toll are the biggest joke ever and more people need to kick up a stink about them.

If all this fails just emigrate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sliabh wrote: »
    I don't think the SCC works like that. If it to claim for money you feel you are owed, rather than to quash erronous claims against you.

Yeah thats my understanding of how I think it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

good news is these clowns will not have their contract renewed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement