Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paw problem

Options
  • 11-06-2009 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hello everyone,

Im just wondering if anyone has an opinion on my dogs problem, he has a slight limp in one of his front legs, iv had a look and between the pads on his paw looks red and sore, there doesint seem to be any cuts or lacerations, more like an infection of some sort, between the pads looks tender and sore, maybe an infected insect bite (he digs like a jcb so i was thinkin maybe ant stings), he also likes to play with bee's and wasps!!!:( iv been treating it with savlon cream and tcp antiseptic, its not affecting his movement much and isint getting worse as such, but its definitley not clearing up.

Maybe a trip to the vets will be best solution, but if anyone has encountered something like this before any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Hi. I've heard sometimes they can get a thorn or burr stuck inbetween their toes and it sound like maybe that could be what's wrong. Take dog to vet as if it's been like that for a few day's it could be gone under skin.

let us know what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It can be something really minor, including something as innocent as a grass seed believe it or not. We had a problem with our cat's paw like that and it turned out to be a grass seed .. we couldn't see a thing but the vet spotted it in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'd bring him to the vets to be safe, if there's nothing visible the vet might even just give an antibiotic which would bring down any infection/swelling and hopefully make it less sore for him.
    If he likes to dig/play with wasps he may have been stung or even as someone else said, taken a reaction to a grass seed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Just a note on wasp's / bees / ants. We had a boxer x many years ago and she got her nose into an ants nest. Face swell up like a balloon, trip to the vets, allergic reaction. Was soooo scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Who sam is it awh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dohc wrote: »
    Who sam is it awh?
    Translation please :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

Sorry i no the dog actually meant to write more try runnin in the salt water on the beach great for infections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

good news, went to the vet last, its was a reaction to an insect bite, so he gave me antiseptic shampoo and sudo cream:rolleyes: , So Sam is back in action.

Thanks for the replies and info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Glad to hear he's on the mend :)

Advertisement