Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freakout Zone

Options
  • 11-06-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Has it happened with anyone else yet? Some of my friends have started to crack under the pressure. At least three of them have finally said, "That's it... I'm repeating..."

great positivity :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

NO WAY AM I REPEATING!!!!!

I think I'll get my points... no, i will! :)

but I have had MANY freak outs over the past few weeks.... sep before history today!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

pearliefan wrote: »
    NO WAY AM I REPEATING!!!!!

I think I'll get my points... no, i will! :)

but I have had MANY freak outs over the past few weeks.... sep before history today!:p

Yeah me too.I was really worrying bout history.
    Ironically,the only paper I was actually calm and level-headed for,maths P2, was the only exam that I ****ed up. . . . .

GA361 wrote: »
    Yeah me too.I was really maths P2, was the only exam that I ****ed up. . . . .

Maths P2 was harder than P1 anyway though.... I just hadn't done enough study because of the english... which is annoying but hopefully i'll get a B...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Ailteoir

I have out right given up and decided to go for a PLC course, not a hope in hell will i repeat this year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I was in tears the morning we had Maths I and Geography. Was also hysterical during English II. I'm surprised I'm not hysterical now, considering I've a double whammy of Biology and Art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I'm getting pretty nervous over Biology, and I'm not sure how I did for Business. Luckily, after today, I've a week off before my next 2 exams so I should be fairly confident for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

havent freaked out once during the exams if u prepared for the subject u will be grand only people expect like million points and people who didnt study at all worry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I was in tears the morning we had Maths I and Geography. Was also hysterical during English II. I'm surprised I'm not hysterical now, considering I've a double whammy of Biology and Art.

Slightly off topic, but thow were you online at 5:51 the morning of biology and art?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

About the a week before the exams, I was worried. I was always thinking ''Do I know enough?'' ''Will I have to repeat?''

But when they started, I felt grand. Still feel grand as well. Finished Monday with Accounting, whoo! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

I was grand up until french, the test was actually grand but I was so scared going into it(I was almost crying!)...... but am waaaayyyy too calm now i think though coz i have phys, chem and acc next week but I'm really, REALLY relaxed.:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I properly freaked out the night before History and French. I ended up watching some moovie on TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I've already gone "**** it" i'm sick of studying, and i have 4 exams left... important ones! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'm sick of it, I just want to get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Yeah I was pure calm for all the exams before now as they were pass and i dont really need them for points i just needed not to fail but biology ag sceince and construction are my 300 points subjects....

and i basically mangled that bio exam like:(

I tell ya the pressure is really on now for my last 2!

Im scared:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

I properly freaked out the night before History and French. I ended up watching some moovie on TG4

haha, thats what i did too, it was dukes of hazard!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

They'll be over in a week or two, then ye can relax, I know it's hard to be high tension for so long but things will be ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Thanks Dr Phil:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ahoy!

Jay P wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but thow were you online at 5:51 the morning of biology and art?! :eek:

Cramm FTW!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

star-pants wrote: »
    They'll be over in a week or two, then ye can relax, I know it's hard to be high tension for so long but things will be ok :)
    Unless you spend all summer freaking out about the results.

Though I have another few exams before I decide whether I think I'm ****ed or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Unless you spend all summer freaking out about the results.

Though I have another few exams before I decide whether I think I'm ****ed or not.

It's not like that, believe me! It might be hard to believe at this point, but in approximately 3 weeks, the Leaving Cert will be a distant memory, which won't come into consideration again until about 2 days before the results are released in August!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Did biology today and I think I could hear Trinity's gates slam closed in my head...

I really ought to not smoke so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Nah I know there will be that worry of results, but you'd be surprised the release of pressure when the final exam is over. You'll just feel so freaking free of OMG what exams next type thing you won't know what to do.
    You do get to relax over the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm pretty confident about everything so far. Only Physics and Music left, which I should be fine for. Even if I didn't get my points and was faced with the idea of repeating, I'd be a million times happier doing ANYTHING else rather than repeating!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I got a little panicky in Maths 2, but apart from that I was fine...

...till French and History. I was sick the night before, only got three hours sleep, and was still out of it the next morning. French was like my guaranteed A1, and I just got so scared I wouldn't be able to remember any French at all!!

My History fears were justified, but as far as I can tell, no-one liked that exam. And I can still get my points with a C3...if Music and RE go well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I messed up a few exams and am freaking out.
    I didn't fully finish my Business.
    I made so many stupid mistakes in Biology.
    I messed up Paper 2 in English.
    Maths Paper 2 didn't go so well.

Looks like I'll be repeating next year!

The more I think about them, the more I think about the different mistakes I made which were so simple and stupid. AHHHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

OneArt wrote: »
    Did biology today and I think I could hear Trinity's gates slam closed in my head...

That's EXACTLY how I felt! That paper really determined whether or not I get my course and it went so crap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Yeah I wasd completely calm then broke down night before history and after history..now I'm calm again!

I've been freaking out so much that it's become the norm:o really freaked out before DCG but it went better than I thought it would...... any study I did (and stupidly I didn't do much at all) paid off!

BRING ON MONDAY 12.30!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

I'm usually pretty calm about school and stuff but the exams have had me wired! Major tears after maths paper two.. and the night before biology and art. Im convinced I failed maths because of paper 2. Cant get my course..will have to repeat..blah blah blah! :(:(:( Just want them to all be over so I can calm down!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

NerdPantzz wrote: »
    I'm usually pretty calm about school and stuff but the exams have had me wired! Major tears after maths paper two.. and the night before biology and art. Im convinced I failed maths because of paper 2. Cant get my course..will have to repeat..blah blah blah! :(:(:( Just want them to all be over so I can calm down!!!!

I wouldn't worry about Maths Paper 2, a lot of people seemed to have found it difficult so no doubt they will mark them easier than normal.

OT,
    Biology was the subject I was most worried about but I think I did ok, hopefully I scraped a C. I need to average a D1 in all my exams, I did a Computer course which is only accepted in UL and assuming I got a B or A I should do just fine with Ds everywhere else :D

Advertisement