Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you have a nice time at the beach?

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

I think the picture covers it nicely. :(

Source Drogheda Leader

picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=3253

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Neither the concerned locals or the Council should *have* to pick up peoples discarded rubbish.

Shame, shame, shame on the irresponsible individuals.

Presently more so than ever the cost of cleaning up is an exponential burden on the taxpayer and local businesses who fund the Council - one more reason why eventually all of us will all end up in one form or other paying more to live in this land.

Shame, shame, shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yep it's a disgrace. I don't use Bettystown beach anymore but I grew up there and even 20 years ago when no one was that concerned about rubish and green matters it was never left in such a bad state. The litter warden should patrol it regulary and it's not up to either the council or the locals to pick up after lazy, disgusting and dirty people. There is no excuse for it at all.

Advertisement