Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are these scripts?!

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

is it when you look at your paper to see exactly how many marks you got per question? do ya have to pay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=gv
    Viewing Marked Examination Scripts
    This information applies to candidates taking the Leaving Certificate and Leaving Certificate Applied Programme only. Junior Certificate candidates do not have this option.

Will I be able to view my scripts this year?
    Yes. The Viewing of Marked Scripts process provides Leaving Certificate Candidates with an opportunity to see how the script in question was marked. Each candidate will be allowed to bring one other person with him/her to the viewing session.

Will I have access to my oral and practical marks?
    Only the scripts from the written and aural examinations are returned for viewing. However, the results of all examination components including written, oral, aural and practical components are re-marked on appeal.

Is it essential that I view my scripts if I wish to appeal?
    No. An appeal application may be made without having viewed the script. However, the viewing facility provides a candidate, who may feel that his/her grade does not fully reflect his/her performance on the day of the examination, with an opportunity to see how the marking scheme was applied to the work.

Can anyone else view my script?
    Only if they are accompanying you to the viewing. As the candidate concerned you must first decide whether or not you wish to view a script and then you must be present in person at the viewing centre in order to do so. Your scripts will not be released to any other person even with your permission. You may wish to take particular note of this requirement when making holiday arrangements.

Where can I view my scripts?
    Marked scripts will be returned to the examination centre where you sat your examinations.

How do I apply to view scripts?
    Application forms for Viewing Scripts are issued by the Commission to schools and other education providers together with the Leaving Certificate results. The forms are personalised and will show your exam details including your subjects. If you decide you would like to view a particular script(s) you mark the form accordingly. You must return the completed form to the school by Tuesday, 18th August 2009. If you are an external candidate, your personalised application form will be sent to you with your results. The completed form should be returned directly to the school named on your personalised application form by the closing date of Tuesday 18th August 2009.

Is there a fee for this service?
    No. This service is provided to candidates without charge.

What happens next?
    The Organising Superintendent appointed by the Commission to your school will assign you to a viewing sessions. The viewing sessions for the 2009 examinations are as follows
    Session 1. Friday, 28th August 2009 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
    Session 2. Saturday, 29th August 2009 9.00 am to 12.00 noon.
    Session 3. Saturday, 29th August 2009 from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.

What else do I need to know about viewing my marked script(s)?
    Click here to download the detailed information note for candidates viewing marked scripts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Script' is another word for your answerbook/filled in question paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

spurious wrote: »
    'Script' is another word for your answerbook/filled in question paper.
    really, wow. i dont think anybody got that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

**** I'll be away then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

do most people do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

mink_man wrote: »
    do most people do it?

If you miss out on your CAO offer by 5 or 10 points you should definietly do it or if theres a grade that is way off or just do it anyway to put yourself through the leaving again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I never looked at my scripts... I think I requested a recheck of my marks on two papers though, that you do have to pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

yea but you will have missed on your course because the way the Cao system works ! so viewing your script is a waste of time only if you want to re apply new year without re doing the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

That's the same weekend as Electric Picnic isn't it?

FUCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    yea but you will have missed on your course because the way the Cao system works ! so viewing your script is a waste of time only if you want to re apply new year without re doing the leaving

False, as far as I know, in UCC anyway, the college usually holds some spaces in courses to facialitate people that go up in re-checks. I know loads of people who started doing different courses after the re-checks came out, or that moved from other universities e.g C.I.T after being upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

English is not the first language of everyone sitting the Leaving Cert.. Why the SEC use confusing terms like this is anyone's guess.

The intolerance shown by some posters to some of the queries on here is a whole other story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

The whole thing of remarking can be a TERRIBLE idea in some cases such as English where many examiners may have different opinions or tastes on what is appropriate and of a high standard.

Same goes for Geography where markers may not agree on what is an SRP and what isn't etc.

Claypigeon wrote: »
    The whole thing of remarking can be a TERRIBLE idea in some cases such as English where many examiners may have different opinions or tastes on what is appropriate and of a high standard.

Same goes for Geography where markers may not agree on what is an SRP and what isn't etc.

That's what the Sample 20 and the Chief Examiners are for.

Generally speaking, the best chance of a change in grade is when there has been an error totting up. It's by far the most common error and can result in people going from D* to B*.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

spurious wrote: »
    English is not the first language of everyone sitting the Leaving Cert.. Why the SEC use confusing terms like this is anyone's guess.

"Scripts" is what they are. What do you suggest they call them? "Candidates' answerbooks or combined question-and-answer booklets that they wrote all their stuff on in the exam"? Seems a bit of a mouthful to me!
    ;)

Advertisement