Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRadio!

Options
  • 10-06-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

i102-104 and i105-107

How refreshing it is to have these radio stations. Compared to 2FM and to a lesser extent Today FM which throws out the same thing day after day. Bernard and Keith, Fergal and Pete, iTalk and the rest. Decent music and DJ's just having a bit of fun. Just what I want going to and from work.

The National radio stations seem to think that every listener lives in Dublin. News, sports, AA road watch, all biased towards Dublin. At least with iRadio I can actually know what traffic is like leaving work instead of being told yet again that there is delays on the M50!

Fact is, the guys from the country are better craic on the radio. And who could forget George the Gnome......you're so sly!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭flazio

While I agree that iRadio has been a breath of Fresh air for the areas they serve, (particularly i102-104 in the North West) you have to be careful about how you start threads around here. You could get done for advertising and banned if it turns out you are working for the stations.
    However they aren't with out flaws.
    i105-107 doesn't appear to have it's own sports reporters. Most of the time the sports bulletins are prerecorded by the sports reader working at i102-104 and therefore there is no communication with said reader.
    You mentioned above how the traffic is away from Dublin, well this isn't really the case on i105-107. The traffic reports usually do feature a lot of the routes out of Dublin into their broadcasting area, (M4, N3, M1 etc.)
    This ten to hour bulletins rather then top of the hour bulletins can be a bit off putting as well.
    While i102-104 has somewhat revolutionized radio in the west/North west, i105-107 needs a bit more care and attention if it's to flourish in what is a bit of a more cut throat catchment area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

I'm too far west to pick up i105-107 but I do enjoy i102-104.

I think having the news a 10 to the hour is a good thing. If someone wants to hear the news it is likely they will change to iRadio rather than wait till the hour to hear it on 2FM or Today FM. This way they have a good chance then of holding on to the listeners after the news.

Also if someone hadn't any interest in hearing the news its likely they will change stations when it comes on on the hour and iRadio will be the only station without a news bulletin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 I Love iRadio

:D:D:D:DiRadio IS THE F****** BEST:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Start a new thread and don't be resurrecting old ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement