Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landlord not registered

Options
  • 10-06-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

i moved into an apt the other day and got all the forms filled out by landlord etc for rent allowance i plan to go over the swo tomorrow but ive just found out my landlord isnt registered, will i still be able to get rent allowance??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Is the landlord living there or not? If he is, he does not have to register with the PRTB, but does have to declare everything with the Revenue at the end of the tax year (even if below the threshold). I can't see any problems you getting RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Yes you still can get rent allowence, but does the landlord want social welfare and possibly revenue knowing about it, I don't think he would.

Advertisement