Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landlord not registered

Options
  • 10-06-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

moved into an apt the other day and got all the forms filled out by landlord etc for rent allowance i plan to go over the swo tomorrow but ive just found out my landlord isnt registered, will i still be able to get rent allowance??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

it's not up to you to make sure he is prtb and tax compliant.

you are covered by the prtb as a tenant whether he is registered or not, and if the revenue catch up to him through trawling through rent allowance records, all the better frankly.

good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jenn15 wrote: »
    moved into an apt the other day and got all the forms filled out by landlord etc for rent allowance i plan to go over the swo tomorrow but ive just found out my landlord isnt registered, will i still be able to get rent allowance??

As long as you get him to sign the rent allowance form you should be ok. Not sure what happens when revenue finally get round to him though. I'm receiving rent allowance for a non-registered property but I'm not sure how much longer it will go on...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

greendom wrote: »
    As long as you get him to sign the rent allowance form you should be ok. Not sure what happens when revenue finally get round to him though. I'm receiving rent allowance for a non-registered property but I'm not sure how much longer it will go on...

I think its a 5 grand fine for not registering- and thats assuming you're tax compliant etc..... Idiot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I heard it's 3 grand.

Either way, OUCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

Hi Smmacarrcik- i have just rented out my house last week. I registered the tennancy with prtb, i de-registered my mortgage for TRS as its not my principal residence, how do i register for tax? I want everything to be above board. thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Clueless09 wrote: »
    Hi Smmacarrcik- i have just rented out my house last week. I registered the tennancy with prtb, i de-registered my mortgage for TRS as its not my principal residence, how do i register for tax? I want everything to be above board. thanks a million

All you have to do is an annual personal tax return. There is a section there where you detail any rental income along with any eligible deductions (the name of the form escapes me- I'll have a dig in some old threads here).

Ps- nice to see people doing their utmost to keep everything 100% in order- its very easy to be complacent about things. I hope your tenant is working out for you.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

Thanks v.much Smccarrick. ill have a google and see can i find the form. Tennant is excellent-delighted with her- thanks a mil for the help

Advertisement