Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPod charger+connection & USB adapter €2 each

Options
  • 10-06-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Got a I Pod Computer connection and a car charger for €2. The same thing less the charger cost over 20 in Tesco, . Was dead chuffed when I picked it up in Euro General . It's like a pound shop. Link below.

http://www.eurogeneral.ie/retail/leinster.htm

Also got a 4 port USB adapter for €2 . They've got a pretty good computer section . Well worth checking out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ibuprofen wrote: »
    Got a I Pod Computer connection and a car charger for €2. The same thing less the charger cost over 20 in Tesco, . Was dead chuffed when I picked it up in Euro General . It's like a pound shop. Link below.

http://www.eurogeneral.ie/retail/leinster.htm

Also got a 4 port USB adapter for €2 . They've got a pretty good computer section . Well worth checking out.

sounds like good prices. ipod accessories tend to be on the expensive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its a 2euro store, everything is 2euro:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yep, i got that ipod charger. a piece of it doubles up as a USB data cable. its great value at 2 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    yep, i got that ipod charger. a piece of it doubles up as a USB data cable. its great value at 2 quid.

Can you tell me if its being used to charge an ipod touch or an older model ? I know there are a lot of charging issues with the ipod touch gen1 and gen2 and older chargers. the issues being that they don't work :rolleyes:

Thanks,
    JK

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Can you tell me if its being used to charge an ipod touch or an older model ? I know there are a lot of charging issues with the ipod touch gen1 and gen2 and older chargers. the issues being that they don't work :rolleyes:
    JK

you can use any ipod usb charger, only thing that needs to be done with old ones is to put 10kOhm resistor between white and green wire either in charger case or you can try to partially strip insulation from cable ;)

worth to try with not compatible €2 charger anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ibuprofen

There's loads of comp stuff for €2. When I'm passing by I'll see what else is there.
    From memory there was
    USB fan
    USb light
    two types of 4port USB adapter
    ipod cover
    Phone charger with a good few connections

All €2

Thanks,
    JK

i don't know, i use it for my 120gb ipod classic but that is a fairly new ipod.

the €2 charger comes in two parts, the cigarette lighter connector with usb port and the usb data cable. Im sure you could use the cigarette lighter connecting piece to charge anything USB so if you have our own cable, i reckon you could still use this as a car charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

The USB ports are USB 1.1 mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭awkward

long_b wrote: »
    The USB ports are USB 1.1 mind.

Huh :confused: Its a charger...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Ibuprofen mentioned USB hubs.
    Apologies for not quoting properly but Opera Mini has gone a bit arsey on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Maboza

scratch that

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Thanks,
    JK

Just bought it and it works with Iphone First Gen. So therefore I presume it will work with Ipod Touch.

Just bought it and it works with Iphone First Gen. So therefore I presume it will work with Ipod Touch.[/quot

Glad to see it worked out, not so sure what it's compatible with I know it works on the ipod classic as well .
    It's only 2 euro so well worth the chance. You'll probably be able to return it if you don't wreck the packaging, should work though.

Took a pic with my phone to find out what else was there. All €2

mini speakers
    computer chat phone
    compact folding calculator
    neckband headphones
    computer earpiece with microphone
    usb mini computer vacume cleaner
    whistle sonic keyfinder- might attach that to my remote controle :D
    aluminum mini torch
    LED mini torch
    usb lava lamp---pretty small now
    see through LCD clock
    magic turn and change clock- think the face changes colour when rotated
    credit card size magnifier and light
    electronic pillbox with timer and alarm

Loads more stuff too....... only got this much on the pic....

Forgot to put in that you can get an
    Ipod cover
    and Ipod earphones (comes with something you can put around your neck, prob for jogging)
    Anyway hope this helps...enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Oh I'll definitely be going there. t4p

mateo wrote: »
    Oh I'll definitely be going there. t4p

Nice to see some positive feedback... enjoy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

thanks, works great with the iphone 3g also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I bought the car charger and the headphones. The charger is good, the headphones are not.

Cheers, OP.

Got the 4 port usb hub myself. Works fine ......Have my printer Mouse and keyboard on it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

is this still on hope it is was about to pay 20 for a charger during the week. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    is this still on hope it is was about to pay 20 for a charger during the week. thanks

This is always on. Its a Euro2 shop! Everything is always going to be €2!

squared wrote: »
    This is always on. Its a Euro2 shop! Everything is always going to be €2!

Ye but is the stuff always going to be there?

should be, these offers are at least "while stocks last" so definitely a month or two anyway...

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Ye but is the stuff always going to be there?

Yeah ...it's not a special offer. On all the time. It's a pound shop or actually a €2 shop.

Is there an ipod charger to plug into a socket? Thanks

Advertisement