Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hands up if...

Options
  • 10-06-2009 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

You're getting the feeling that you're going to hate the History exam more than any other 3 hour period, ever?

o/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I'm hoping to God I write an Essay and not just an incoherent mess....damn non-linear Textbooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Occono wrote: »
    I'm hoping to God I write an Essay and not just an incoherent mess....damn non-linear Textbooks.

Yeah, the books are terrible.

What's really bothering me is, if we had done the top say 3 most likely essays in each section from the start of this year, over and over, we would be sorted for the exam months in advance. I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

any hints on what to go over please

You have like 3 hours tops :P

CnG/FF economic policy for Irish
    Apprentice Boys - North
    Causes of WW2/Hitler's F Pol - Europe

That's all I'm doing today. If they don't come up I'm relying on stuff I barely remember. GG.

I'm not too worried, everything else has gone really well so far so I guess I deserve at least one kick in the teeth along the way through the 'xams.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

*puts hand up*

• Advertisement

No-one seems confident of doing well in this horrible exam T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Claypigeon wrote: »
    No-one seems confident of doing well in this horrible exam T_T

I have to do well in this, its one of my bankers. Have 15 essays in my head swirling around in my head and its driving me nuts!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

History is one of my better subjects, it's just annoying the amount you have to write in the 3 hours - it's more a "who can write the quickest" exam than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

It's going to be horrible. At least we probably have 18 or 19% already...:o

I'm talking to a maths-head friend on MSN atm.

If I take it that I got 19% in the project, I have 95 marks/500 so far.

I want a c3, which is 275/500 marks at least, I need 180 marks in this written exam.

If Moon Landings come up I can do a good Contextualisation, that will be up on 80/100 marks for the entire doc I'd say if not more since I'm good at those. Then if I make an attempt at each essay, I should scramble together the last 100 marks between 3 qs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Claypigeon wrote: »
    You're getting the feeling that you're going to hate the History exam more than any other 3 hour period, ever?

o/

maybe if you didnt join boards during the leavinf cert and made 80+ posts a day you would do better in history!

mink_man wrote: »
    maybe if you didnt join boards during the leavinf cert and made 80+ posts a day you would do better in history!

LOL

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And this thread is history ...

... see what I did there? :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement