Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rust

Options
  • 10-06-2009 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

contacted a man about a camper recently. its a 1987 2 berth with 32000 miles. its in really good condition on the inside no damp etc but there is a little bit of rust on the body outside.

would this be a big problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What kind of van is it, where is the rust, pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

i haven't gone to see it yet, the man told me on the phone, he said theres a small amount on the body.

another thing actually, a 1987 van - how much are they worth?

A bit of rust is to be expected on a vehicle that age ...it really depends on where it is and how much of it there is to say if its critical or just cosmetic.

As for the value of a 1987 camper ...how long is a piece of string?
    Depending on what it is and its condition ...anything between 800 and 8000 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If it is a transit, run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

That mileage is very low ..... Assume that's the mileage since the engines been reconditioned? What model is it?

• Advertisement

heres the link to it, seen it on donedeal, forgot to ask him the make.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/caravans/915337

let me know what ye think

Wicked

Ohh Jeebus ...a Bedford Rascal :eek: (basically the same as a suzuki carry van, 1.3 liter engine if I'm not mistaken)

I once ended up in a club outing with 10 or so of those vans and they were discussing for an hour if it was safer to drive with a nearly full tank all the time as that would make it sway less :D

By all means...have a look at it ...make up your own mind ...all I know is that it wouldn't be for me.

EDIT:

it's only a one liter engine really

http://www.bedfordrascal.com/bambi.html

oh jezz really!

i never would have known that. thanks for posting that comment i'll stay clear now i think :D

never realised it was a 1 litre and also haven't managed to check out if i can be insured to even drive one yet!

I know they say size doesn't matter ...but seriously ...

mini-737467.jpg

thats exactly like it.

oh well if i come by any more i'll post em here

• Advertisement
Advertisement