Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skimboard size question?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I checked the beginners thread for info but there isnt any on skimboards so I was wondering if any of you skimboarders could answer my question. I'm 5'10'' and 150lbs so was wondering if a 41'' skimboard would be ok for me?

Thanks. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

Hey, dunno if you got an answer to that but it should be ok, I'm about 5 11 and 75kg, I skim a 41 and find it great fun. A 56 would be better to learn on and then a 41 but there wouldn't really be any need to get one to learn on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for the reply!:) I'm going over to Bundoran to buy a 41'' next week and start practicing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

where abouts you living? I made a wooden board but only from half inch ply instead of 3/4 and it sinks way to much. Obviously. I want to get a foam skimboard to catching waves on though, theres a local beach in kilmore quay which gets great small waves, quiet close to the shore

Advertisement