Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price wars in limerick pubs yay!!

Options
  • 09-06-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

While i was out giving in c.v's i read alot of posters in bars,pubs etc with price promos.From being in college i know clem smiths do good deals mon to thurs with your student card and charlies 2 for 1 cocktails.today i see mollys are doing buy 1 get one free during lions games and selected night,bitter end all drinks 3 euro,and the one im surprised at Symths/icon you can get a beer bucket for 15 euro which is 5 bottles in the bar.surely nancys,aubars,angel lane,the locke will have to follow suit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm amazed the pubs in this country are only bringing in these promotions now. It shows how much they've been milking customers here with the single drink prices in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭robgloster

We are getting ripped off in limerick. There are no offers at clubs and at €12 euor ish on a saturday to get in . Robbery. I paid 7.50 for a Captain and coke in the Bailey the other day with a meal. Shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Rip Off Ireland is still going strong, it's a sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Aren't these drink promotions illegal now?? (binge drinking and all that...)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

robgloster wrote: »
    We are getting ripped off in limerick. There are no offers at clubs and at €12 euor ish on a saturday to get in . Robbery. I paid 7.50 for a Captain and coke in the Bailey the other day with a meal. Shocked

There are some clubs in Limerick charging €15 entrance fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Baldie wrote: »

No. It's only illegal if it's for a certain period of time. e.g. €2 drinks from 9-11.

If the drinks are that price all night then it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Baldie wrote: »

Drink has to remain the same price during the whole business day from open to close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 times'a'wastin

Rip of Ireland is definitely in full swing, i wouldnt pay €12 into a club anymore! I just find the prices ludicrous.

Do you think it'll encourage people to go out more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Cheaper drinks is great and might encourage people but when people cant get jobs to have mony to spend on luxeries.for some yes i guess

Advertisement