Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing French

Options
  • 09-06-2009 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Quick question. Some colleges will accept an E in an honours french paper, im just wondering which ones will not ? So which ones will i be ruled out from if I get an E? Just so I know in case i happen to blank tomorrow:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Quick question. Some colleges will accept an E in an honours french paper, im just wondering which ones will not ? So which ones will i be ruled out from if I get an E? Just so I know in case i happen to blank tomorrow:eek:

I think all NUI's require a d3 (pass) in a continental language.

I'm no expert but every course I've ever looked at required it.

Do you really think you're only going to get 1/3 or less of the paper wrong?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Are you counting it as a points subject?

Perhaps consider doing Ordinary Level on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I think all NUI's require a d3 (pass) in a continental language.

I'm no expert but every course I've ever looked at required it.

Do you really think you're only going to get 1/3 or less of the paper wrong?

Presume you mean think of getting a third or less right?. If I was thinkin of getting a third or less wrong in the paper I wouldnt be worried:o

But just theres the tiny chance it could go bad, I hate it with a passion:eek:

Will you look at this link to Qualifax and tell me what you read by the last paragraph of the LC reqs. I presume it goes for french?:confused:

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=16

@ Sierra, more than likely not and that option has crossed my mind more than once..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Quick question. Some colleges will accept an E in an honours french paper, im just wondering which ones will not ? So which ones will i be ruled out from if I get an E? Just so I know in case i happen to blank tomorrow

Qualifax, my freind tis useful for stuff like that;)
    (or so i hear from the careers teacher anyway,),

any way really depends on the course!

+I agree with urman above if your worryed do ordinary level (The listening is multyple choice! !)I love pass

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Ok ive sort of been put a bit at ease by the other french thread now what with realising all the oral and aural marks available. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement