Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert german???!!

Options
  • 09-06-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey just wondering i'm doing higher level german for the leaving and its my weakest subject. any tips on what to study for it? i'm kinda freaking out, i'm tempted to drop down to pass but i'll try and prepare for the honour paper but i just don't know what to study or where to start. our teacher isn't the best so she didn't give us any tips.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Read over your oral notes chances are that you'll be using the language from there anyway. Comprehensions just try to the manipulate the text for answering the questions DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS IN THE COMP IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Then going over any notes you have left over .Sorry but German is the one subject i can think of that you need to have been doing alot of in class work all year round to be prepared for the LC there's not much you can study the night before that will save your grace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Oral notes, lots of them.

Money and work are very good starting points too as they cover you for part-time jobs, money, saving, earning, pocket money, the list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

If you know the grammar back-to-front and inside-out then you should be fine.
    We got a brilliant hand-out which covers ALL aspects of German required for the Leaving Cert and even third level.
    It's basically a very concise summary of Übung macht den Meister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Damien671

I think it would be good to get a bit of practice in for the listening as well maybe revise grammar for the weather and news piece as that is usually the hardest part of listening, but really now you either know the vocab or not so its only time for a quick revise

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

state of german got a b in junior and loved it through 4th then 5th came and since 5th to 6th i have spent bout 1 whole day doing german class state of that teacher is arsehole spending times with first years who r they no i had to drop but its still :D well too easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

The best thing you can do this close to the exam is listen to some of the old tape tests or watch a movie in german if you have one. Itll just get the language in your head. Id disagree with saying not to answer in your own words. They specifically ask you to answer in your own words. you lose marks for copying directly.
    Also, a handy little tip when you're doing the tape test. If you have to answer in english but dont understand whats being said, if you write it in german as you hear it, you still get half marks.
    Also, look over the weather vocab. Its the only thing thats absolutely guaranteed to come up.

Advertisement