Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to affiliate marketing need help

Options
  • 09-06-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, i am new to making websites and affiliate marketing.
    im trying to start from scratch but i dont know where to begin.
    where do i go to find an affiliate program?
    thanks to anyone who helps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

hi again
    i have been looking into it all day. i signed up with clickbank and got an affiliate program. i am currently designing/making a website. its my first website so its not exactly that good but its a test run. i would estimate that in about a year maybe 9 months i wont be doing that many hours in work if any. maybe imexpecting it a bit soon but hopefully im not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GoldenGoose

Hi lil man,

Well you have made a start a lot of people don't get beyond the thinking about it stage.

You say you have signed up to clickbank and got your first affiliate programme, have you thought about how you intend to promote the product. Is the website you're building related to the product you selected?

If not have you considered domain name forwarding as a quick and cheap way of promoting the product? Or perhaps a landing page rather than a full on website or blog.

Don't focus too much on the money just yet. I know it is the main point of doing what you're doing but you are going to have to put a lot of work in before you see the rewards.

Try to create a quality website and don't rush it. That is why I suggest other marketing approaches for now, so that you can perhaps make a few euro whist working on a quality site at the same time. People will not bother spending any time viewing a sub standard site and they definetly won't buy from one. Would you?

Any questions just ask

good luck

GoldenGoose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Hes correct. Domain name forwarding is an excellent way to do it. Pm if your looking for more info!

Its all about knowing how to advertise your website! Google ppc is the best but you have to know where to know where to advertise ithow to use it properly otherwise you will end up losing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Guys,

I've been down the IM road many times before...
    To summarise:

1. I created my own digital product and sell it on clickbank
    2. I use affilaites to help promote my product through clickbank
    3. I use a *free* sample of my digital product in turn for their email address
    4. I use their email address to promote other affiliate products on clickbank, padotcom commission junction etc...

It's great fun, and TAKES TIME AND EFFORT. I have accumulated over 20k email users over 2.5 years. I've created a blog about it here, and I try to focus it from the eyes of someone from Ireland.

Doing it right shouldn't cost you the earth either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Red-B

I also signed up for this but i'm finding it more confusing than I originally thought it would be. Is there a step by step guide to help beginners start out? I followed the instructions but when I paste the link into my own page, it comes up telling me that zero results were found.

• Advertisement

Red-B wrote: »
    I also signed up for this but i'm finding it more confusing than I originally thought it would be. Is there a step by step guide to help beginners start out? I followed the instructions but when I paste the link into my own page, it comes up telling me that zero results were found.

Paste what link Red-B? To clickbank? http://www.clickbank.com should do it.

No I got into clickbank fine. Its when i'm in the process of creating a hoplink I have the problem. Where there is a list of the products, it gives the option at the bottom of each one to 'create hoplink'. When I click on this it takes me to page where I have to enter my username. When i've done that, a link for the product comes up and it tells me to copy and paste the link to my own browser page. When I do this it tells me that zero results were found. What do I do next?
    Thanks

Ok,

Firstly, is it a product YOU created, or are you afiliating a product?

If it's your own product it should look something like this:

http://3.AFFILIATENAME.pay.clickbank.net/

So in this case the number 3 represents product number three. Usually if it's a product with no upsell that 3 is a 1. Mine is 3 as I have an upsell they can go to.

Now, if you're promoting someone elses product, it should look like this:

<a href="http://7026falawm4aie3iuaudzeoeu-.hop.clickbank.net/&quot; target="_top">Click Here!</a>

The bit that says "Click Here!"

doesnt have to be there. In fact, you can trim the above URL down to this:
    http://7026falawm4aie3iuaudzeoeu-.hop.clickbank.net/

If you copy and paste that then you will be brought to my product.

Now if the link you are using is not working, then there is probably something wrong wit the URL. Give me the name of the product and I will generate my link and check it.

Thank you so much. That really helps. I'll give it a go and see how i get on.

Im Having trouble with building the web site and where to find hosting. how do i put the web site ive made on to the hosting site and what is the best hosting site

• Advertisement

Hi Lil Man,

this all totally depends on who you are marketing to and what you want to spend.

If you were targetting Irish customers then it would be logical to serve your webpages fro a host here in Ireland.
    If you are looking for a World Wide general audience then a USA based server might be a good option.

am i able to use a blog like blogger.com or do i have to make my know website.
    and is there a good free hosting site

Hi Lil Man,

In my experience, if you want your people to trust you and believe in what you say, then you need to have some decent tools at your disposal.

For example, going with free hosting often means you have to have advertising scattered on your site to allow it to be free. Your visitors won't be too impressed with that. You can get reasonably priced hosting nowadays, and particularly as you are starting off you won't need a whole lot of bandwidth and resources.

If you want to start out with minimal cost, then blogger.com is a good start, but you'll be promoting to the masses with that, rather than people in Ireland.

I started off using ymlp.com for my newsletters, which while it was good at the start, didnt offer me more options for my newsletters which is why I moved to a professional service the likes of aweber or getresponse.
    I dont know what level you are at right now, but if you are looking to start out and need ideas then take a look at some of the posts on my blog

If you have any concise questions just ask and I will try to help as best I can.

I think your ebsite is very good and professional. my real problem is starting the website like how to make it. do you have to use html

I think your ebsite is very good and professional. my real problem is starting the website like how to make it. do you have to use html

Thanks for the comments.

You can start off with minimal coding input from yourself. If you go with a hosting plan you usually get the option to install a wordpress blog. From there you can install different layout and themes etc.

It's best to try to write down what you are looking for and build from there.

Are you looking to create a product? If so, what type? Try to find a niche.

Do you have expertise in something? Could you create a pdf report about it and give it away in return for their email address?

I think you need to decide what way you want to start this.

Are you going to do a blog? Do you have enough content for a blog? etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kevinbirchall

Hi Lil Man,

I've hooked into a fantastic resource for kick starting your online marketing, my blog will tell you more and I'm available to chat whenever. My blog was set up in blogger, but I'm building a branding site in Wordpress. This type of blog is way more professional and offers a more customisable interface. Do you need a website?

Hi Lil Man,

I've hooked into a fantastic resource for kick starting your online marketing, my blog will tell you more and I'm available to chat whenever. My blog was set up in blogger, but I'm building a branding site in Wordpress. This type of blog is way more professional and offers a more customisable interface. Do you need a website?

hi you have a good blog. are you an affiliate marketer it does seem like it anyway. yes i suppose

is this a good start http://killiandavis.wordpress.com/

How do you use Pay Per Click (ppc)

Hi, I haven't proceeded with any of this because the company that I paid the very small fee of €1.69 has continued to take money out of my credit card without my consent. I had to cancel my card and report it as fraud. So far they've taken over €60 off me. Just a bit of advise to any of you to keep an eye on all your transactions because this is totally illegal and the people involved should not be let get away with it.

• Advertisement

who did you pay 1.69 to just so i dont do it ??

I'm interested to know this too - sounds like you were offered an introductory price and then whacked up the charge after a month... Seems to be what a lot of memberships do.

There's plenty of free information out there to use before even starting to pay for memberships etc.

Are any of you thinking of writing/creating your own digital product, or simply looking to market others as an affiliate?

What happened was I signed up for google profits which cost me €1.69. When I got the confirmation email, I was given 3 addresses to go to. On each one of these it said I had 7, 14 and 21 days free trail and if I wanted to continue with the subscription that it would cost a certain amount each month. To sign up for these free trials I had to click on the addresses and use the username and password supplied. I never did this, yet they still took it that I had signed up and that they could automatically take money off me. What a scam. No wonder people are making millions when this is the crack they're up to.:mad:

have you asked for a refund

Advertisement