Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistake on newspaper notice

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭

Got the newspaper notice for a small extension printed. Just about to outline it in red when I noticed that I mispelled the applicants name. Not badly, I just left one letter out (eg. Cunninham instead of Cunningham). Site notice and application form have the applicants name spelled correctly. I was just wondering if it could be invalidated because of this. I know the council might not even notice the mistake, but if they did, would they let it slide because its only a minor mistake or could it be invalidated?

Also, at the bottom where I had 'Signed: XXXXXXX Tel: XXXX' etc, the newspaper themselves took that bit out and didn't include it on others either. Does that matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The only person who can answer that is the validation technician/planner involved. Give them a quick ring and explain the situation to them.

The newspaper notice doesnt have to be "signed" or a phone no. given.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cheers for the advice Muffler. Rang the council there and explained what happened. She said that although it wouldn't normally invalidate the newspaper notice as it wasn't a big spelling mistake, she'd make a note of it anyway and amend it herself.

Dodged a bullet there thank God.

Cheers lad

• Subscribers Posts: 41,138 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Cheers for the advice Muffler. Rang the council there and explained what happened. She said that although it wouldn't normally invalidate the newspaper notice as it wasn't a big spelling mistake, she'd make a note of it anyway and amend it herself.

Dodged a bullet there thank God.

Cheers lad

ive had applications invalidated for wrong spelling of names, due to different people preparing the newspaper notice to the site notice... eg Clionadh versus Cliona....

Advertisement