Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to England for uni?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity? Apparently UCAS had a huge increase in applicants this year, loads from Ireland.

I'm heading over there in September, woohoo :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I think most people that apply to the UK colleges do so because of the prospect of slogging mindlessly for points to do something unrelated is unappealing. That being said there's definitely people that just want a change of surroundings; I was considering applying to England or Wales for a while.

Only people I know that have gone the UCAS route did dentistry and veterinary in Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

England no..... Scotland yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Yea I know a lad going to do Vetinary in Engerland, wouldn't fancy it though unless I was staying with family over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I think most people that apply to the UK colleges do so because of the prospect of slogging mindlessly for points to do something unrelated is unappealing. That being said there's definitely people that just want a change of surroundings; I was considering applying to England or Wales for a while.

Only people I know that have gone the UCAS route did dentistry and veterinary in Scotland.

I was going to TCD but in my first / second year I'd have to do geology (to get to Zoology) and that has no connection to Zoology. About the only vague connection is that some people have pet rocks.

^Applied for Zoology Mr S. You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I was going to TCD but in my first / second year I'd have to do geology (to get to Zoology) and that has no connection to Zoology. About the only vague connection is that some people have pet rocks.

^Applied for Zoology Mr S. You?

I lol'd.

I think this is true of all the LC in relation to the courses people want to do @ 3rd level...

"Hi I'm crap at English but I'm awesome at maths, and I'd like to go on to do Maths."

"That's nice. Makes perfect sense. Now, to see if you're up to the task of studying maths for 4-10 years - what do you think of Macbeth? and are you partial to a spot of talking a useless language for me there good lad?"

Not my own situation but like honestly half the LC is useless and the rest you'd do in your chosen course anyway in case people hadn't covered it or applied it properly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

will be heading to scotland in sept if i dont get the points for here,,, no fees which would be handy,,,, myt explain a bit of the increase:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Sheffield woop. You? :]

Yeah I know what you mean, once you see what they have over there it's like why stay here? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Or because geology is basically about understanding the planet, how it works and how it has changed over time, and that has had a huge impact on how the creatures that live on it have evolved and adapted?

Not that I would see geology as essential for a zoologist, just pointing out that there are more valid connections than pet rocks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Mr.S wrote: »
    Information Technology:)

i could go it here if i wanted to really, but its not as well taught and no where really teaches it in the way i want it :pac: + i want a change of scenery:)

Where bouts did you apply?

Oh do you mind tellin whats the diffrences ?, im considering doing IT in Nui

Advertisement