Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which history topics are you doing?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

just curious!:rolleyes:

History Topics you are doing? 66 votes

Ireland and the union 1815-1870
    0% 0 votes
    sovereignty & partition 1912-1949
    9% 6 votes
    Irish diaspora 1840-1966
    36% 24 votes
    politics & society in Northern Ireland 1949-1993
    0% 0 votes
    Gov, Economy & society in Rep 1949-1989
    13% 9 votes
    Nationalism & state formation in europe 1815-1871
    4% 3 votes
    Nation states & international tensions 1871-1920
    0% 0 votes
    Dictatorship & democracy in europe 1920-1945
    0% 0 votes
    Division & realignment in europe 1945-1992
    34% 23 votes
    European retreat from empire 1945-1990
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Sorry, but they're not all there on the poll ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Signature wrote: »
    Sorry, but they're not all there on the poll ;)
    only the american topic aint, and we are all doing that! any other one i left out???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FeistyOneYouAre

i was hopin ye'd be talkin bout wat ye're studyin in each topic!!

so im just doin d apprentice boys for NI.
    will i be alrite?!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

will i be alrite?!
    ah.... maybe! i am not mad about that topic... its really interesting but its not the easiest topic to study for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

will i be alrite?!

I'd say you have a good chance of being able to weasel an essay out of it from some question.

Maybe do some background on other groups within the North and you're a bit safer - Orange Orders and the likes.

• Advertisement

and wat ya doin for the other two?!
    as in dictatorship and the pursuit of soverignty.

and wat ya doin for the other two?!
    as in dictatorship and the pursuit of soverignty.

Dictator and Democ - causes of WW2 = Hitler's foreign policy. Also covering myself for the Church State Relations and to a less extent, the Holocaust/persecution of Jews in general!

PoS = CnG and FF economic policies, doing a 3/4 length essay on each - if one comes up, I'll do out that. If a blended question ie "successive Irish governments years x to y" I'll mix them up a bit and compare them throughout.

ye im nearly doin the same meself. nazi foreign policy and vichy france for d&d and then economics inter war period in POS. i know anglo irish relations there aswell. hope im alrite!!

ye im nearly doin the same meself. nazi foreign policy and vichy france for d&d and then economics inter war period in POS. i know anglo irish relations there aswell. hope im alrite!!

Maybe know Ireland during the war north and south too for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

You've left out Movement for reform 1870-1914

• Advertisement

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Maybe know Ireland during the war north and south too for comfort.

ah economics is nearly a dead cert in ireland so i reckon i have enough there. brickin it for NI! if the appretice boys dont make an appearance i am screwed! i mean that course is a good course to have a general knowledge but to study at is a load of ****e! anyone else reckon there should be a general knowledge exam for the leaving cert?! it would be gift!

ah economics is nearly a dead cert in ireland so i reckon i have enough there. brickin it for NI! if the appretice boys dont make an appearance i am screwed! i mean that course is a good course to have a general knowledge but to study at is a load of ****e! anyone else reckon there should be a general knowledge exam for the leaving cert?! it would be gift!

You're convinced CnG/FF/both economic essays will be up for Irish? Based on what? Not being confrontational here, genuinely want to know where you've heard that

You're convinced CnG/FF/both economic essays will be up for Irish? Based on what? Not being confrontational here, genuinely want to know where you've heard that
    based on the fact that it is a big topic in the book and nothing on the economy has come up in previous years.

based on the fact that it is a big topic in the book and nothing on the economy has come up in previous years.

Sounds good enough to me. D:

I've decided: going to do out then bullet-point-plan out 6 essays, 2 most likely from each section and 1 of the 2 in each has to come up out of 4.

As for Doc going to leave it for last and avoid the Context like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Every teacher in the country says it's coming up. It's coming up.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Every teacher in the country says it's coming up. It's coming up.

Sveet.

Should I still do BOTH cng and ff?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sveet.

Should I still do BOTH cng and ff?

Defo. You wouldn't get near 60 content with just one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

Probably a ridiculous question at this stage, but what ARE the case studies for Pursuit of Sovreignty, Dictatorship and Democracy, and Movements for Political and Social blah blah? :eek: I thought I was sorted just learning off the particular topics that my teacher predicted but he never actually pointed out which ones were case studies...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Probably a ridiculous question at this stage, but what ARE the case studies for Pursuit of Sovreignty, Dictatorship and Democracy, and Movements for Political and Social blah blah? :eek: I thought I was sorted just learning off the particular topics that my teacher predicted but he never actually pointed out which ones were case studies...:o

They're written and highlighted in the text books and usually have Case Study at the top of the page.

Advertisement