Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Training

Options
  • 09-06-2009 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am 44 and hoping to embark on hibernia on line primary teaching course. i will be almost 47 when i complete it.. teaching is all i have ever wanted to do and am very experienced in business with mba etc. I have done lot of work with young people but I have not taught in schools.. So do you think (a) I am too old (b) there are job prospects post the course

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from Hibernia secondary teaching thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Rosita

westerner wrote: »
    I am 44 and hoping to embark on hibernia on line primary teaching course. i will be almost 47 when i complete it.. teaching is all i have ever wanted to do and am very experienced in business with mba etc. I have done lot of work with young people but I have not taught in schools.. So do you think (a) I am too old (b) there are job prospects post the course

I will leave (b) to others as I wouldn't know, but the answer to (a) is emphatically NO - a thousands times NO. Put any such notion out of your head. Talking about being 44 now and nearly 47 when you finish makes it sound like three years, but it's a mere 18 months which is the grand scheme of things is nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I'd never say anybody is too old to retrain. I've had people in their 60s in my classes. Regarding b...do you need a job? As in are you doing this to fulfill some wish or do you need to get a job out of it. There are many unemployed Primary teachers out there. I think your life experience will stand to you but I don't know how easy it will be for you, or anybody else might I add, to get a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 westerner

Tks a milllion for your reply.. I am definitely doing it to fulfill a lifelong dream but practically speaking I also need to work to support my family so I will need to get a job at the end of it but If i out there fighting for the jobs with the rest of the graduates then I will take my chances and hope that I do get work.. If not then I will have to find alternative employment.. meanwhile I am hell bent on applying to get on the Feb Hibernia Course and in the interim will be working on my irish .. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Well you know where to come for help with the Irish, had a class of 12 who re-sat the LC HL paper just there, all were out of school years and all worked really hard. Was such a pleasure to teach. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 westerner

thanks so much for the support.

Advertisement