Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost the fear?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

As I think is the story for most people the bulk of the exams are over now and the day gaps are starting between the exams. Has anyone else just really stopped careing? For example, I have History and French tomorow and I'm actually not really bothered to do any work where as this time last week I was absolutly bricking it before English Paper 1, it just feels like it's been so long since then.
    Is it just me or is the Leaving Cert's bark FAR more worse than it's bite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

I know exactly what you mean! I was freakin out for ages before the exams and now that I'm actually doing them I really don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Yeh, i think i had so much done for the first few i found them handy enough but now i dont have as much done and im not as tempted to work the night before, awfully tired aswell, even with going to bed early and the likes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Yep, it still usually hits me around 8 o'clock though. Then I start sh*tting myself and start cramming like hell, but then when it comes to the end of the exam I think to myself.... that was it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I thought it would have left by now, but I'm still afraid of the dark. Wait, what's this thread about?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Ya most ppl just aren't too bothered anymore. 2 years ago everybody i know was going on about how they would work so hard in 6th year - then before you know it may has arrived and your still there telling yourself "ah sure it'l be grand!" :p

At this stage we're nearly all 18 and have actual lives so chasing points is really just for wannabe dentists, doctors, pharmacists etc. (For whom I have massive respect btw because i'm sure it isn't easy staying that dedicated to anything!) so fair play to 'em!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ya im the same i still study for the exams but have no fear or worry about them anymore!was totally stressed before english paper 1

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Am I the only person who wasn't ****tin the exams?
    It's not as if I did a huge load of work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Yep, deffo more afraid last week, now I don't really care to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Antamojo wrote: »
    Am I the only person who wasn't ****tin the exams?
    It's not as if I did a huge load of work either.

I feel ya brother. After the 2 year course, its just the same old night-before study for me. cant say any of the exams have worried me either. French and History tomorrow have barely opened a book for History and haven't thought about French. Will be interesting anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Rob! wrote: »
    Ya most ppl just aren't too bothered anymore. 2 years ago everybody i know was going on about how they would work so hard in 6th year - then before you know it may has arrived and your still there telling yourself "ah sure it'l be grand!" :p

Lol I'm STILL sitting here telling myself "ah sure, it'll be fine." My problem is I don't get the fear :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

I feel this way too! I have art history and biology on thursday and spent all day today watching tv or sitting in my garden.. Still have that little voice in the back of my head reminding me anything but study is wrong :p I can just ignore it better this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Saul-Good wrote: »
    For example, I have History and French tomorow and I'm actually not really bothered to do any work where as this time last week I was absolutly bricking it before English Paper 1

Wow, I was just thinking the exact same thing about five minutes ago in my room! :pac:

Advertisement