Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colonoscopy Cost

Options
  • 09-06-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi

I suffer on and off from anal fissures and haemoroids and was given the option of having a colonoscopy. I got a date for it which I cant attend but now I am also wondering about costs. I only signed up for health insurance last week and know that this wont be covered. Do any of yee know how much it would cost me for this colonoscopy as a public patient of the regional hospital...? Is it in the hundreds or thousands....????? No clue of this stuff.

Cheers

Rats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

if your a public patient and your having done as a day case, (i.e in and out on the same day) then it'll cost you nothing apart from the daily bed charge, which last time I checked was 60 euro, but that might have gone up in the last budget slightly.

You do not pay for the procedure its self as a public patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Brilliant... Thanks a million..!

Advertisement