Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Tricky Technique

• 09-06-2009 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this production trick/technique, can someone give me a few pointers?

What i'm trying to find out is in the drum loop at the start of this clip

I hear at least two tracks of drums, one pretty much clean and one with some kind of reverb/ backwards delay on it.

The reverby/delay-ey one is the one that interests me -in particular the effects leading up to the main snare hit.How does he get that small sweep thing?it sounds as though it might even be a short white noise sweep or even the sample played backwards?

I'm at a loss.Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss_Terry

There are many ways of doing this.

You could find a 'whoosh' noise and reverse it - then position it so that it ends just as the snare comes in.

Some people make their own 'white noise' and use their DAW to fade it in.

Personally for me - i layer many sounds like white noise and crashes and then reverse these. Go grab some crashes or hits from the sample library in the resources sticky thread of this forum if you don't have any and reverse those and get used to moving them and editing them to the desired length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

What application do you use to make music? (so people can give you precise feedback)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Ableton 7 to produce (:o) with Reason in Rewire if needed.Mostly use stock plugins but have go z3ta+ and NI Massive too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss_Terry

Well NI Massive can make white noise and then set a really long attack to it - then it's a case of putting a note where you want the slide to start and timing the slope into the snare/clap until happy.

But that's just one way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

In work so I couldn't spend much time on it, but here's what I knocked up in Ableton in about 200 seconds (boards won't let me attach mp3s to I renamed it to a zip, just rename it back to an mp3).

Does that sound similar? I can post the Ableton project file if it does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement