Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiping Data From N95 8GB

Options
  • 09-06-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi all,

looking to sell my trusty N95. Whats the best way to ensure all personal data is removed from email, maps, apps etc? I could un install the apps but would like to leave them for new user. Any ideas?
    ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

Soft reset is to reset the phone to factory default setting. (If you have saved files like ringtones, pics...etc... in the phone memory, They'll still remain)

Hard reset is to reset the phone to factory default setting but all data saved on the phone will be lost.

Only way to do what you want is to do it manually.

Codes for the resets:

Soft reset code *#7370#
    Hard reset code *#7780#

If the hard format code mentioned above does not work, try the following manual method to hard reset/format Nokia N95:

*Turn off the mobile device. Then press and hold “3", the “Green button” and “*” - Turn on and keep holding the keys untill the mobile phone restarts and prompts you to enter details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

also check that it wipes the email headers from your inbox, as these can be tricky (but not impossible) to wipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

MrParanoid wrote: »
    Soft reset is to reset the phone to factory default setting. (If you have saved files like ringtones, pics...etc... in the phone memory, They'll still remain)

Hard reset is to reset the phone to factory default setting but all data saved on the phone will be lost.

Only way to do what you want is to do it manually.

Codes for the resets:

Soft reset code *#7370#
    Hard reset code *#7780#

If the hard format code mentioned above does not work, try the following manual method to hard reset/format Nokia N95:

*Turn off the mobile device. Then press and hold “3", the “Green button” and “*” - Turn on and keep holding the keys untill the mobile phone restarts and prompts you to enter details.

fantastic! thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MrParanoid

speedfreak wrote: »
    fantastic! thanks for that

np at all, just be aware that with a hard reset apps also get lost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I recently unlocked my 8Gb with a code from 02, I'm now going to sell it.

If I hard reset it will it lock back to the 02 network again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement