Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record from Radio

Options
  • 09-06-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can somebody suggest a method of recording from radio to CD.I have many recordings of radio programmes on cassette tape but would like to convert them to cd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Messy but it can be done if you have the right set up.

Line out from Amp or tape deck to PC sound card line in, open the appropriate channel on the soundcard control panel, open up a sound editor programme, test levels, select audio settings ie bit and Khz rate remembering that better definition the bigger the file and record in say 10 min chunks (this makes saving easier, huge audio files can freeze software when being saved in my experience). Burn to CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I've ripped audio tapes before. You can record straight from the headphone socket on your walkman/hi-fi into your sound card. Get Audacity you can break up your tracks and save as mp3. Tip: make sure you have any pc speakers switched off as they interfere and cause a hissing noise if beside your audio cable. The cable looks like a head phone jack except the jack is the same on both ends. Its very easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hurn

Tks Mike65,jaqian.....is it possible to record radio directly onto my pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Theres many different programs

My first post on boards was the exact same question you asked :eek:

EDIT: Assumed you meant from online radio. It would be very confusing and impractical to do it directly from radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Why? Its the same principle, just recording live radio instead of pre-recorded tapes. Cannot hurt to try it out. Post back your results here :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement