Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synth

Options
  • 09-06-2009 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Guys, I know this is the wrong place for this thread. Our band is looking for a synth/Keyboard player. We are based in co galway just over 2 hours outside dublin. We need a guy who can play all the synth and backing sounds for R&B and soul and funk music that we will be playing, we hope to be playing in clubs soon enough and have eveything (Full 3.5K P.A System and all musicians ect) all give an example of track's we are doing:

Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
    Chris Brown - Forever
    Sam Sparrow - Black & Gold
    Estelle - American Boy
    John Legend - P.D.A
    Stevie Wonder - Superstition
    Ne-Yo - Closer

We are looking for somebody who is really into thier keyboards and synth and all that and who is into that sort of music production and who uses a laptop live also maybe. If any of ye even know of somebody who could be interested we would really appreciate it. We are in our early 20s also. Thanks guys and sorry about putting this in the wrong place but I just dont think we would find the right person in any other thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

I know what your looking for, can be hard to find....

Its weird to see guys who actually want to finally do a fresh set, most guys do the same old crap and then wonder why they arnt gigging :) so nice work !!

Where do you guys gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kmj

Well we were in a band from portumna in Co Galway and we were gigging around in different parts of the country mostly small venues like pubs and then a few clubs every now again. But the music we were playing was almost making us worse on our insturments because it was suck muck and 2 of us hated playing every night for a finish, and the other 2 lads in the band were painfully useless. So 2 of us decided to go our own way and do something we would enjoy more.

But you are right I reckon its pretty much impossible to get a guy to play that kind of proper synth/keyboards. We have gave our selves 2 weeks to get gigging again. We have sorted a great singer from dublin and a guitarist from tipp and the other fella plays everything but he wants to play bass because he's trying to learn all the synth and keyboard stuff and its hard and theres a few things going on at once in most of the songs. We were thinking of using backing tracks for the songs with synth/keyboard but again couldnt find any sites on the net where you can buy tracks that dont have drums or bass or guitar in them already. Suppose all we can do is keep looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

PM me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kmj

pm sent.

Advertisement