Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need advice on getting a beginers board

Options
  • 09-06-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi im 21 ive just taken up surfing im nearly 14 stone and im 5ft 10 and a half can anyone recomend a size for a board also does anyone know were i could purchase a second hand board

My sister is 15 and is considering taking up surfing after her junior cert what type/size of board should she get shes 5 foot 9 and about 11/twelve stone what width height should the 2 surfboards be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

9foot+ for you. Trad shaped Longboard with decent width more of a wave catching machine then a short'n pointy shortboard.

For her, 7~8foot mini-mal style board.

Just practice catahing the waves and don't bother with anything else other then also learning to turn the thing for a good while and enjoy!!;)

Advertisement