Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics tips.

Options
  • 09-06-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

No thread on this, so might as well start one early.

I'm thinking the particle physics option question will certainly be based on the thing from CERN.

Pity I haven't the foggiest about particle physics.

Perhaps the wheatstone bridge and metre bridge.

I hope to God not circular motion for mechanics. The state sample paper has that in it and it hasn't been examined yet. It looks deadly.

And that proof....Christ.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Jeebus wrote: »
    Howdy,

No thread on this, so might as well start one early.

I'm thinking the particle physics option question will certainly be based on the thing from CERN.

Pity I haven't the foggiest about particle physics.

Perhaps the wheatstone bridge and metre bridge.

I hope to God not circular for mechanics. The state sample paper has that in it and it hasn't been examined yet. It looks deadly.

And that proof....Christ.

Good thread.

1. Know your experiments ( Demo experiments aswell ) as its an easy 30%.
    2. Know each chapter reasonably well. Q5 will come in handy for this.
    3. Know particle physics. Its easy to learn with minimal effort. Worth doing.

Circular has come up plenty of times for mechanics lol. Last years was basically classed as circular motion sure. Time for a change, throw some Newtons laws at us.

Proofs are easy, really. You just gota be like a monkey and learn the stupid things off. You dont even have to know what your writing reallly. :P

And I do agree the particle physics thing will be based on CERN experiment, so worthwhile doing a bit of reading on what they were actually doing on that faithful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Definitions are 18%

Advertisement