Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAN STOLEN - keep an eye out please!

Options
  • 08-06-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My van was stolen from Portobello, Dublin, last night. It's been reported and all but I just thought I'd put the feelers out so that people could keep an eye out.

It's a red/wine Nissan Vanette Cargo, 1999.

I know this is a slim chance but it's hard to just do nothing!!

Thanks all!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sorry to hear that!

A reg might help us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Sorry I wasn't sure if I was allowed post the reg

It's 99 MH 8991

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dads_Car_Stolen

Hello Kooli,

I can only sympathise, as my Dads car was recently stolen, but recovered 5 days later by the PSNI with just a flat tyre, so theres hope.

A picture would also be helpful so we can keep an eye out, or any identifying marks, scratches, stickers....

Also, at one point i rang eflow to check of the reg had been scanned, worth a try, that is if they have not changed the reg...

Good Luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

What was in the van OP? Any motive you can think of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Thanks folks!

The update is that the van was used in a robbery! The van hasn't been found, but some of my stuff has (which I guess they took out of the back to make room for the stuff they were stealing. Isn't my stuff worth stealing??)

Doesn't seem likely the van will be found, but thanks everyone for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Given that it was in a robbery, I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been burnt out unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

My Nissan Cargo was stolen last Tuesday night Dublin 12 - seems a little strange same van one year in the difference. Did you get yours back? Wish my "stuff" would turn up if not the van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lads if it helps at all I took in 3 Hiaces the other day. They all have their wounds but they are mechanically sound. If you need a cheap van then send me a PM. I'll let them off at cost if its any use to ye. Mods if this is out of order sorry and just do what ye have to do.

If it is ok with the Mods PM me the details of the hiaces your talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Either these criminals are extremely unprepared, or those Cargo's had been worked on by Xhibit and the Pimp my ride crew, because as far as i remember, they were the slowest piece of machinery this side of Baghdad. Why anyone would steal one to commit a robbery is beyond me. A Garda car wouldnt have to leave second gear to catch them.

No offence to the OP or anyone else who has one, but does it not seem strange that someone would rob a 10 year old van to steal something? Vans are not complicated things to break into a start, so why not go for something you know would be a bit quicker? Sounds odd to me anyhow.

Either way, I hope you get your gear back OP. Nothing worse than having something stolen.

• Advertisement

Drummer boy the points you made are exactly the thoughts that went through my head the morning I looked out to find my van missing
    They are slow as hell - a Garda on a push bike would catch my one!
    Yet it's still missing so they haven't caught it yet!

Why anyone would steal the tool a man needs to pay his bills and feed his family is beyond me too

Why not go for something you know would be a bit quicker?
    Yes very odd indeed.

Yet in someones simple mind and all these things aside this has happened twice in space of a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭GTE

Ya know, this could work.
    I remember from a drumming forum in the USA someone stole a members drum kit, all 4000+ dollars of it. The owner put up a thread like this, some pictures and a description and low and behold, a few months later a fellow member spotted it in a buy and sell type thing on the other side of the country and now its back with the original owner.

I hope you have some luck!

Advertisement