Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TSM in Trinity

Options
  • 08-06-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just wondering does anybody know exactly how the TSM works, as I am going to redo my CAO after the exams. Specifically, can anyone explain how it relates to points ie. If you choose to study a subject that is 500 points and another that is 480, you need 500 to do both? Is that right?

Comments

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Just wondering does anybody know exactly how the TSM works, as I am going to redo my CAO after the exams. Specifically, can anyone explain how it relates to points ie. If you choose to study a subject that is 500 points and another that is 480, you need 500 to do both? Is that right?

Each possible combination of subjects has a points requirement. As far as I know, it's not the highest of the two individual subjects or anything like that. If you pull out your CAO book and go to the Trinity section there's a grid which gives the points (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Each possible combination of subjects has a points requirement. As far as I know, it's not the highest of the two individual subjects or anything like that. If you pull out your CAO book and go to the Trinity section there's a grid which gives the points (I think).

Cheers for the info. does anybody know if this is online? A link would me much appreciated.

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Cheers for the info. does anybody know if this is online? A link would me much appreciated.

I've looked for it myself a good few times online and I've yet to find it. I've only the old CAO handbook, and the points are in it. Not sure about the new one, but if you can get your hands on it I'm pretty sure it lists all the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

we got them at the start of the David MacWilliams lecture Dumble, ask one of the lads who was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Open up pages 12 and 13 of Trinity's prospectus. There you have a list of subjects available as TSM and a points grid for 2009 on the next page.

You can open the prospectus from their site:
    http://www.tcd.ie/courses/content/pdf/undergraduate-prospectus-2009.pdf

Advertisement