Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving?????????

Options
  • 08-06-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Anyone think they might have to repeat???:eek::eek::eek:

Comments

I'm repeating this year. But, I was thinking I might repeat again. It's good craic. Who want's college, anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Ease up on the punctuation and smiley spam...

Definitely not repeating; anyone that takes more than 2 years to get their ar_se in gear to do a fortnight of exams needs to wake up :P Been overjoyed with how exams have gone so far, just 4 days left until freeeeedom... The pub already whispers my name in preparation of 1pm on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Claypigeon wrote: »

Definitely not repeating; anyone that takes more than 2 years to get their ar_se in gear to do a fortnight of exams needs to wake up :P Been overjoyed with how exams have gone so far, just 4 days left until freeeeedom... The pub already whispers my name in preparation of 1pm on Friday
    You're finished a full 7 days before me. You know i hate you,right? :D:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

I'm repeating this year. But, I was thinking I might repeat again. It's good craic. Who want's college, anyway?

You havin a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

well i've spent the year smoking and hiding in bushes when i should have been in class. i know i need a kick up the arse but too late now!!

• Advertisement

You're finished a full 7 days before me. You know i hate you,right? :D:).

Nope and I don't care, I'll be busy going to parties and lazing in the sun while you remain chained to baby school muahahaha :D I kid
    electriks wrote: »
    well i've spent the year smoking and hiding in bushes when i should have been in class. i know i need a kick up the arse but too late now!!

People who are as mature as they were in first year where smoking was rebellious and perceived as "cool" by council estate refuse at 18 should not be doing the leaving let alone repeating it :p IMO

anyone that takes more than 2 years to get their ar_se in gear to do a fortnight of exams needs to wake up

Being awake isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Spoonbadger drew me into this thread, what an epic user name! My mentality for the whole year has been 'Ah sure you can always repeat' great mindset eh?

Being awake isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If you enjoy repeating and hanging around in a dump populated by people 6 years your junior running around and being treated like a child by people who couldn't care less about their jobs, knock yourself out, I'd rather make something of my life :P

If you enjoy repeating and hanging around in a dump populated by people 6 years your junior running around and being treated like a child by people who couldn't care less about their jobs, knock yourself out, I'd rather make something of my life :P

Ambition won't get you anywhere. All of the Greats lacked ambition, it's a little known fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

*cough*backseat modding *cough*

seriously it wasn't really that bad

could have been the kinda thing you see over on AllHonours...
    "OMG iz reeeeeaallliiii thinx mite bz repeatinz nxt yr!!!!!howbout chuu??!lolz!"

*shudders*

and no nothing on earth would make me repeat, I'd rather not go to college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Purple Funk

Edit: Decided not to start a quarrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

jeez that's a bit harsh! and thanks for the comment above. just because i don't spend all my time lick-arsing teachers n studyings. some things are more important- like a life for instance. the leaving isn't hard you can learn it all in 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Ease up on the backseat modding...

Yeesh, where did you go to school, Letterfrack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

mikeglee wrote: »
    You havin a laugh?

I think he was actually being deadly serious.

I'm with you JammyDodger. Well up for another go at it!
    I've had so much fun these last two years...

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Definitely not repeating; anyone that takes more than 2 years to get their ar_se in gear to do a fortnight of exams needs to wake up

if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all:) why offend people, especially when everybody is so on edge as it is?
    that user said they were thinking about repeating again, so its not as if it was a general statement, you targeted them.

i realllllly dont want to repeat, but am definatly going to keep my options open. im not sure if i will get my points, but i really hope i do:rolleyes:

mikeglee wrote: »
    You havin a laugh?

Of course not Michael, I'm deadly serious!
    bythewoods wrote: »

I know, I don't see the big idea of using the Leaving to get into college... I'm having great fun, and, besides, I'm getting better at it each year! Repeating "ftw" (as the internet savvy annoyingly say).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Edit: Decided not to start a quarrel.

Your right though.

Your right though.

really wanna know what he said, I like quarrels dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Claypidgeon, do you ever not post in a thread in the LC section lol?

Anyway, i could end up repeating, i did a horrible Maths paper 2 today, but should still pass hopefully.

• Advertisement

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Claypidgeon, do you ever not post in a thread in the LC section lol?

Anyway, i could end up repeating, i did a horrible Maths paper 2 today, but should still pass hopefully.

did you attempt everything or even write down formuals?
    attempt marks add up yahno, id say youv a better chance of passing than you realise:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

did you attempt everything or even write down formuals?
    attempt marks add up yahno, id say youv a better chance of passing than you realise:pac:

yeah i suppose they will, I do a rough work sheet and always write out everything. Like I did liner programming perfect and porbability ok, statistics ok too, but the rest i did is a lottery really. I think i cud be over reacting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

phic wrote: »
    really wanna know what he said, I like quarrels dammit!

E basically told claypidgeon where to go.. Was about to do the same myself only i saw that comment!

E basically told claypidgeon where to go.. Was about to do the same myself only i saw that comment!

Haha thank god...needed to be done!! I've been restraining myseld from saying anything since he's new but really!!

phic wrote: »
    Haha thank god...needed to be done!! I've been restraining myseld from saying anything since he's new but really!!

ok thank God its not just me thinking that!
    iv been noticing a string of arguments usually follow a comment from him.
    wish he would just live by "if its not nice - say nothing"
    were all under more than our share of pressure, no point adding to it and putting everybody in a bad mood. thought this place was about helpin eachoethr with predcitions and just generally helpin out, not fekin everybody off:o

CyberWaste wrote: »
    yeah i suppose they will, I do a rough work sheet and always write out everything. Like I did liner programming perfect and porbability ok, statistics ok too, but the rest i did is a lottery really. I think i cud be over reacting.

ahh your sorted :)
    no point stressin over whats done, and by the sounds of it you did well!
    soo.. smile like you mean it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

bythewoods wrote: »

NAh I was only joking becausewe are in the same class:D:D:D:D And I'm not "Dissing" anyone who's done repeat or is intending to do repeat.
    But, Gavin come on? I mean, more chemistry?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Lad, you are my hero, I love school, best crack ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

You doin a repeat course or in with last years fifth years?

If I need to Ill repeat, but it'd be so boring. On the other hand Id get waaaay more points, and itd be a handy enough year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement