Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Online Boarding Pass-No Mention of Check-in Bag

Options
  • 08-06-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Although I booked my flight months ago, I decided to try the online check-in. There are four of us travelling together and when I booked the flights, I paid for one check-in bag for each of us. However, when I printed our boarding passes, all it says at the bottom of each one is "1 Cabin Bag Only."

Is this normal? I would have expected it to also say something like "1 Checkin Bag Only."

Also I assume that there is no option to use online checkin coming back (from Reus Barcelona)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Yup it's pretty normal coz it's only for 'Cabin Baggage' and it's always one bag. Maybe in the future they will allow us to bring two on for extra cash (although there is never enough room). If you check elsewhere on the site you should be able to see your extra bag allowance for 'bag drop.'

Careful though, I've flown a few times in the last while (Dublin, London, Italy) and they are coming down hard on allowances for weight (even weighing bags at security, no joke). Plus bag drop has to be below your allowance or they will make you pay.

Happy flying.

Are you 100% positive you paid for a check in bag? the reason I ask is because up until about 2 weeks ago you couldn't select online check in if you were selecting checking in a bag..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

When I checked in online I had paid for a bag (that the airplane would carry rather than me). Didn't see a bag drop at airport so went to desk - showed my pass, popped bag up onto scales, it was tagged and away I went. No problem.

And yes, the pass itself just said one cabin bag which threw me a little...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

flangeman wrote: »
    ..stuff..

Happy flying
    Lol, he's flying Ryanair! It's 5 euro extra for a happy flight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Rawr

murphaph wrote: »
    Lol, he's flying Ryanair! It's 5 euro extra for a happy flight. ;)

Ah now...but that's not allowed with Online CheckIn :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

We had same issue a couple of weeks ago - it was fine, we had the printed email which stated we had paid for checked luggage but we didn't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Comer1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Also I assume that there is no option to use online checkin coming back (from Reus Barcelona)

Thanks

You can check in online up to 15 days before you travel and so you can do it before you leave, unless you are going for more than two weeks of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Comer1

Thanks for the replies, that puts my mind at ease (well, as can be flying Ryanair:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Cleopatra12

Just printed my online check in and in huge writing it does say 1 cabin bag only, but if you look just under your flight check in code (on left side of page under your name) it says, BAG 1- Pax carrying one Checked in Bag.. well it does on mine!

On another note, my flight is at 07:15, gates close half hour before and seeing as its so long since i was on a flight, what time should i arrive at airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just printed my online check in and in huge writing it does say 1 cabin bag only, but if you look just under your flight check in code (on left side of page under your name) it says, BAG 1- Pax carrying one Checked in Bag.. well it does on mine!

On another note, my flight is at 07:15, gates close half hour before and seeing as its so long since i was on a flight, what time should i arrive at airport?

You should be fine if you're there at 6.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Heroditas wrote: »
    You should be fine if you're there at 6.30

If the gate closes at 6.45? Ya think!!!

OP, arrive at least an hour before the flight. Last week over 100 Ryanair passengers missed their flights on one morning through not arriving early enough.

Advertisement