Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admission?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all.
    I noticed that the ucd website has two different sections for people who are Irish and International. I'm not Irish and I dont have an irish passport but I'll be sitting the leaving cert and applying with it. Is that possible? I was wondering because everytime I go into the international section, they say you have to apply with grades from your own country ( atistat in my case, which I'll never sit ). Anyone mind explaining to me what type of student I will have to apply as? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

ask your school guidance councilor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

One of my friends from secondary school is French, we both did our leaving cert etc... but when he went to ucd he was considered an international student. You see because you're doing the leaving cert, you might have to apply (I think, I'm not 100% sure) through the Central Applications Office (CAO) like a student who's doing the exams in Ireland, because you're exams are directly comparable to the ones here (i.e. you're doing the leaving cert, so there's no difference in results). You're best option is ringing UCD, the student help desk or something, they'll give you the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MR1993

Right.I appreciate your answers thanks.

Advertisement