Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost: pair of glasses

Options
  • 08-06-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

I lost a pair of glasses at the City East Retail Park (where B&Q are located) on June 1st. I called into each of the stores asking if any had been handed in that day, but no good.

I am going to contact the Limerick Independent, the Leader & the local radio tomorrow to see if anybody has been in touch. Any other suggestions on where to look for Lost/Found ads in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Them sun glasses must mean a hell of alot to you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Like a kidnapping, your best chance of getting your child glasses back is in the first 24-48 hours. Your chances of getting them back 7 days later are slim to none, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

They were prescription glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

I'm sure if you offered some sort of reward in the paper you may be lucky but wouldn't really hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Chubb76 wrote: »
    I'm sure if you offered some sort of reward in the paper you may be lucky but wouldn't really hold your breath.

Price of ad in Limerick Leader = €4.45
    Price of Glasses in Specsavers = €0.00
    Price of giving reward for old glasses even though Specsavers are free = Priceless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Their 'free' pair might have been sunglasses, and they lost their regular glasses (which is pretty serious if you rely on them)

Specsavers aren't free, and you only get the 2 for 1 offer on their basic range. As far as I know, it doesn't apply to their designer glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mr E wrote: »
    Their 'free' pair might have been sunglasses, and they lost their regular glasses (which is pretty serious if you rely on them)

Specsavers aren't free, and you only get the 2 for 1 offer on their basic range. As far as I know, it doesn't apply to their designer glasses.

Nope but when you are caught without glasses and need a replacement fast, FREE glasses are good. :D

Been there myself prior to having laser surgery.

Advertisement