Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason 4, who uses it?

• 08-06-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Ive been thinking about writting some lessons on reason 4 as im already helping a friend of mine to get started on his first tracks.

Just wondering if there is many people on here that use it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I ReWire it through ableton sometimes,just to use the inbuilt synths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I ReWire it through ableton sometimes,just to use the inbuilt synths.

That's really all it's good foor as far as I can see. The 'musical sketchpad' argument was valid before Ableton got its act together, but unless your stone broke I can't see why anyone would go for Reason (that said I have rewired in the past with 3 and I liked Thor, but I just can't see why I'd go to the effort).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive gone back to using it exclusively for the moment

i tend to jump around between cubase, logic and reason together, to just logic/cubase and reason, to just reason, i also go into hardware mode at times but i sold off most of my gear at the start of the year (only got the basics now... emx, esx, waldorf blofeld, waldorf pulse, akai sg01v after selling the rest of my gear)

at the minute im in reason mode though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Helix wrote: »
    ive gone back to using it exclusively for the moment

i tend to jump around between cubase, logic and reason together, to just logic/cubase and reason, to just reason, i also go into hardware mode at times but i sold off most of my gear at the start of the year (only got the basics now... emx, esx, waldorf blofeld, waldorf pulse, akai sg01v after selling the rest of my gear)

at the minute im in reason mode though

Do you mind me asking why you sold off so much gear?

Was it just gathering dust? Or was there a more permenent change in your approach to making Music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ICN wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking why you sold off so much gear?

Was it just gathering dust? Or was there a more permenent change in your approach to making Music?

a little from column a, a little from column b

and a bit from column c which was i needed to buy a few bits and pieces

gear horn is something you have to live with coz itll never go away. i think everyone goes through a four or five year period of buying shedloads of stuff, then stops and looks at it and thinks "you know, i probably dont actually need all of this"

funny thing is, ive started actually getting far more back into making music since i streamlined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Helix wrote: »
    gear horn is something you have to live with coz itll never go away.

:D

Advertisement