Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair Na Gaeilge

Options
  • 08-06-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Seriously need help with this one... I haven’t a clue what to study!
    Any predictions?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Let's see.. An Fhiannaiocht, Ogham, Gluaiseanna, An Ghaeilge mar Theanga ceilteach, Meath na gaeilge, an bealoideas... Maybe learn about the lives of the big poets, writers,etc. Check previous papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

One of fiannaiocht and ruraiocht usually come up.. and I've a weird feeling about filiocht na mbard, na danta gra and ogham. Just me though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

Cheers anything else before I start study?!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Fiannaiocht
    Bealoideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

not going to bother doing the stair question. I do know bealoideas though if that comes up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 artemus

not going to bother doing the stair question. I do know bealoideas though if that comes up

if you spent less time saying what your not goin to do...and wastin time on this you could study and get a good result in irish...better idea??

Not even an attempt?!

no. and there's no need to be rude I was just saying I'm not going to do it.

Bus ****!
    Almost none of the stuff came up!:mad:
    Thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

was the exact same as last year, looked at last years paper ther! i learned 6, aisling pholatiula(came up but had to do other one too), danta gra, fiannaiocht, bealoideas, ogham, and cant remember the last but none came up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah none of the ones I learned came up, fairly pissed off about that!

I didn't learn any so I don't mind but yeah everyone after it seemed not to have been able to do it. they'll mark it easy goys! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Ugh disaster that was! 5% gone, bye bye A2/B1 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

A total de-saster. I was so sure the ruraiocht weren't coming up that I didn't look at them, so all I ended up doing was saying that ruraiocht were different to teh fiannaoiocht because they were not just normal soldiers and they were the high kings of Ireland? Is this right?
    Never heard of filiocht na mbard, just decided that it sounded like some storytellers who went around the country telling their poems and staying in peoples houses. Got about 3 sentences out of it, any chance I'll get marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

djcervi wrote: »
    Let's see.. An Fhiannaiocht, Ogham, Gluaiseanna, An Ghaeilge mar Theanga ceilteach, Meath na gaeilge, an bealoideas... Maybe learn about the lives of the big poets, writers,etc. Check previous papers.
    One of fiannaiocht and ruraiocht usually come up.. and I've a weird feeling about filiocht na mbard, na danta gra and ogham. Just me though!
    Fiannaiocht
    Bealoideas

Why was everything predicted not up! Not only predicted here, but what the woman on 2fm said, what the teachers said......stupid stair na gaeilge!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cheesy-does-it

It was the exact same Stair na Gaeilege as last year.. word for word.... first time they've ever done that. i wonder if it was a mistake... or are they just getting too lazy to change the paper? I wasn't impressed anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

It was the exact same Stair na Gaeilege as last year.. word for word.... first time they've ever done that. i wonder if it was a mistake... or are they just getting too lazy to change the paper? I wasn't impressed anyway...

It was the same 3 pass poems aswel AND the same A thig na tit orm q. Laziness! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

My teachers reckon it was a photocopying mistake or summit wtih todays Stair na Gaeilge. At least we'll probably be marked easier for it. Lovely exam apart from that, especially filíocht ard-leibhéal.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

I spoke to my mam who is an irish teacher and she said that it was completely unfair to not even put 2 predicted things up on the paper for Stair however she said that the chief examiner has the right to put up the exact paper as the year before if he liked, just that it hasnt ever been done before. She also said that Stair na gaeilge is the most dreaded section for students and that aspect was unfair but will be taken into consideration at the marking conference. she is correcting this year so I'll let ye know when she gets back from the marking conference. The Filíocht Ainmnithe was exactly the same as last year though aswel just a different order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah just looked at last years paper, can't believe exactly the same ones came up!

That's really unfair, especially on those of us who actually did learn some of the other ones predicted to come up. Laziness from the examiners too.

They'll be marking it easy now, but I couldn't answer any of them so I've no chance of getting any marks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I wrote very little on the 'influence of foreign langauges on Irish' (basically just made out small tables showing similar french, latin, english and 'loclainneise' words) while for conradh na gaeilge and another of those organisations i just wrote 'bunaíodh é seo chun cultur na gaeilge a chur chinn agus a chaomhnu' for the two of them. :pac:

Advertisement