Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOE for Motorhomes

Options
  • 08-06-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I have just learned through the Munster Motorhome Club that from 1st July 2009 all motorhomes/campers will require a DOE and if same is not available to the County Motor Tax Office you will not be able to tax your motorhome/camper. The DOE test will concentrate on Emissions, Breaks etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

01.07.2009?

A bit short notice, eyh?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Are there any links to this new legislation???

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi guys - thanks for the scare!

Rushed upstairs to renew online - Tax out at the end of June - but the system accepted the renewal. New disc in 4 days - so I'll let you know if they send it to me.

Absolutely nothing in the envelope about DOE tests. But then again - I'm in Dublin, so maybe they only want to hit Munster vans.:p

BTW - The yearly rate has gone up again - 88 yoyos - highway robbery:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

sunchaser wrote: »
    . The DOE test will concentrate on Emissions, Breaks etc.

I have heard nothing about this but if it does come in there will be no separate test for campers.

Basically they will have to do the same test as anything else.

This also applies to road maintenance vehicles that are exempt under the plant bracket. Some operators get them tested anyway and they still have to fulfill all the criteria of normal vehicles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Will that mean that every LHD motorhome will have to have the headlight aim adjusted?

I can't find anything on the internet to support the OP. (that's not saying it's not true of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi guys,

Just got my tax disc in the post (Effective from 1/7)- so if the new rule comes in from 1st July, I have escaped for another year!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

The NCT on cars is around a long time now and there's still 10year old cars driving around with road tax having never had an NCT. Likewise privately registered vans avoid NCT & DOE because there's no system in place.
    I can't see them introducing Motorhome DOE for a long time yet:D

Advertisement