Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test in 2 Weeks

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Has anyone got any tips for me on how to pass my test.
    im talking like last minute preparations that should help.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You.
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Everything you do on your test should be dealt with one at a time!

So moving off is only moving off in the same way turning left is only turning left.

Now here is the Question:
    What do you do when your moving off?
    What do you do when turning left?

and so on trough out your test.

Learn all of the things/tasks you need to know and practice like mad.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

if ur in town and have right of the way, dont let other car in front of ya, i know it sounds thick, but i did that, just trying to be nice to someone who was waiting 4 ages, and the <SNIP> examiner gave me a blue tick for progressive driving

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pablosd, i suggest you read the charter before posting again, in particular this point:
    * If you have failed a test, please do not refer to the tester or the Road Safety Authority in an offensive manner.

If you look at the driving test report form, under the "signals" section, there is a "beckoning others" fault, which i presume is what you were marked for. You are not allowed to beckon other motorists during your driving test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

oh i passed it, and i didnt beckon(i know its a mistake i had driving lessons) ur man/woman, i just slowed down so he got in no bother, im just saying how are young drivers thought to drive, be selfish dont let anybody in....dat is wrong, we are not enemies on the road, we are on the same side...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pablosd wrote: »
    oh i passed it, and i didnt beckon(i know its a mistake i had driving lessons) ur man/woman, i just slowed down so he got in no bother, im just saying how are young drivers thought to drive, be selfish dont let anybody in....dat is wrong, we are not enemies on the road, we are on the same side...

I see what you're saying, and in one way i agree with you, a bit of courtesy goes a long way. But i'm also a cyclist who has to deal with those drivers that are "beckoned" to turn right across a lane of traffic, and who think that because they're being beckoned they have a right of way. Meaning that any cyclists on the cycle lane have to jam on the breaks or risk being mowed down. I know i went on a bit of a rant there, but i had a close call this mornin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

I have Question.!. i dont have them very often, so feel Honoured :D

If person A wanted to buy a car off person B, and person A went on a test drive in person B's car, Would person A be Insured?

Am i being stupid here?

I have Question.!. i dont have them very often, so feel Honoured :D

If person A wanted to buy a car off person B, and person A went on a test drive in person B's car, Would person A be Insured?

Am i being stupid here?

No, person A would not be insured, not unless they had open drive insurance. Or person B's policy had a condition in their policy that states that they can nominate a driver to drive the car, but there's usually an age restriction that applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jaytime11

Thank You.
    I bought a book on line "101 Tips to Pass Your DRiving Test" for
    only a tenner (€10) including Posting it to me and it was Brill!!! Full of easy to remember tips just in 2 or 3 lines.. and its written by an instructor in Dublin.
    PM if you want to know the website.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

pablosd wrote: »
    if ur in town and have right of the way, dont let other car in front of ya, i know it sounds thick, but i did that, just trying to be nice to someone who was waiting 4 ages, and the <SNIP> examiner gave me a blue tick for progressive driving

But in saying that be courtious and give way (where other drivers have right of way) to other drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

Thank You.

Dont drive too slow...
    Dont drive too fast...
    Dont indicate too soon...
    Dont indicate too early...
    Dont look in your mirrors too much....
    Dont look in your mirrors too little...
    Dont take off from traffic lights too fast....
    Dont take off from traffic lights too slow....
    Dont leave your hand on the gear stick for longer than 3 seconds...
    Dont stop and let any old grannys cross the road.....
    Dont stop if a dog runs out in front of you (just run it over:rolleyes:)....
    Dont be courteous to other drivers and let them out of a side road....
    Only joking... :D
    Seriously though you should be fine assuming you have not picked up any bad habits along the way. The best time to do your driving test is as soon as possible after you have started to drive. The longer you wait, the harder is seems to get to pass. I waited five years to do the test and it took three attempts to pass. Would also recommend one of those two hours pre-test courses. Bit pricey but well worth it....
    Best of luck WillyWonkaBar :D

• Advertisement

Haha..
    Thanks for all your replies and ill let you know whether i pass or not.
    whether you care or not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrivingMad

My advice..... listen to your mam.
    Mam's always give good advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

So do Dads :D

Have you two not got anything better to do? :eek:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrivingMad

sorry son, couldn't resist. You will be fine. Just try your best xx

Advertisement