Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSi or DS lite -to buy

Options
  • 08-06-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of getting one of these or something similar for my husband. Could some one please tell me the main differences, which is newer and which they think is best? or is there a third one I'm missing. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You should probably go with the DSi, it's newer, bigger screens, has the capability to download games, and if I am not mistaken, has an internet browser built in too.

Plus it'll play (almost) all other DS games anyway.

The only ones it will not play are the likes of the "Guitar Hero" games, where they need something that plugs into the GameBoy Advance slot that the DS Lite had, which the DSi no longer has.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

There is actualy a 3rd DS but it's practically obsolete now. There was the original DS which was replaced by a slimmer and lighter DS Lite. Recently a newer model the DSI has been introduced.

Not going to repeat what's already been said but one thing to consider is the price difference - RRP for a DSI Console is €169.99 but you can pick up a DS Lite new for €109 - €129 depending on where you're shopping. Depending on what you would use it for that up to €60.00 saving might be worth considering.

Advertisement