Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match thread ** Tue 9/6 19:15 WES1 Boardeaux Vs The Full Irish

Options
  • 08-06-2009 11:20am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We beat TFI 3-0 in the first game of the season. They've lost one more to Ketamine, so this will be a tough game. They are 3 points behind us so we need a win here.

Ketamine and Roys Rovers both have tough games but I would expect them both to pick up wins so we cant afford to fall behind.

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules -
    Eddie -
    Art -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin - YES
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - No
    Lepo -
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin - YES
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - No
    Lepo -Yes
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain - No
    Lepo -Yes
    Dave -
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art -

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes

Ed - No
    Dan - No

Michael - Yes
    Cathal - No
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - No
    Lepo -Yes
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - Yes
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES

Art - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Another tough game for us lads.

I doubt if we'll have it as easy as we did in the first game of the season, so a good solid performance from everyone is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

2-0 win according to the texts, playing sh8te, but doing enough to win. keith and jules got the 2 goals, with the 2nd coming late on in the game.

great result though, may take us back to the top.

lads, just been thinking about our form, we have won 16, drawn 2 and lost 1 of our last 19 games. that is some going. since the night we lost 3-2 to full irish, we have been on some superb run. had that been one season, we would have pissed any league we were in, just have to keep it up, its a savage run of form. only conceded about 12/13 in those 19 games also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yep, another 3 points ground out without playing well at all. Very nice habit to be in but we'd be foolish not to look at this as a game in which we very nearly threw 2 points away. If I played for Full Irish I'd feel robbed not to get a point. But despite losing our shape in the middle at times and leaving a lot of space between wingers and fullbacks, we actually kept them to very few chances. So our defence did a solid job overall, our problems were mainly going forward, we just didn't click at times.

That said, there's still 5 or 6 lovely moves we played that hinted we were about to click into gear. Important that we not just win the next games against lower teams, but that we do it playing close to our ability: forget goal difference, I'd be happier with two 2-0s as long as we're clicking. Add that to our results form and that would have us going into the business half of the season in very good shape.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wasnt a great performance over all but its 3 more points in the bag and 2 goals added to our GD. First half we played ok but we were weak going forward and were panicking on the ball. Got a clear cut penalty and got it in eventually :rolleyes:. Second half we were poor all over the pitch. tbh it was extremely hard to see with the sun and i think that contributed. We kept them contained though and they didnt have much of a sniff.

One thing and you know who are... less bitching at team mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 andrew71

I thought we were a bit unlucky tonight, the saved penalty which didn't quite stick with the keeper, the shot that hit the post, the friendly ref (:D), and the second goal made the scoreline a bit flattering.

Still, it's always a good scrap, we'll see you next time. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Andrew, TFI.

Performance was meh. But we're winning games when playing ****e which is always a plus. Pure rubbish at some stages, myself included. Keith and Mick did well though and gave us a good outlet on both sides. On to the next one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Really enjoyed the game tonight despite the result not going our way. Felt that we had the better of the play with the exception of 15 mins in the first half but chances were few and far between for both sides tonight and you took yours.
    We were due a performance after the shocker we put in against ye's the last day but their usually always good games anyway.
    Good luck in the battle with Ketamine and Roys, hopefully we'll be back in the mix for the winter league

Cheers Andrew and Colly, always good games against you guys. Hopefully we'll see you again next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Good Result, but we never got going. I though we improved in the second half but still were only at about 70%. I felt colly had a great game for us again in the middle of the park.

Thanks to the full Irish lads (colly and Andrew) it was a good tough but fair game and you could have easily equalised with the effort off the post. Hopefully you help us out by taking a few points off the other teams! Best of luck with the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

This was a great result and really leaves us in good shape at the turn of the season:D. 4th position for Full Irish in the table is no anomaly as they are very good team, so 6 points from our fixtures against them is outstanding and could be the difference between ourselves and the other two at season end. We just have to keep winning I suppose but I'd expect Full Irish to give us a helping hand.

emc2 wrote: »
    I felt colly had a great game for us again in the middle of the park.

one of the main reasons why we are top to be fair, CM was always a problem, but this year we are well sorted in there. we were a good team last season, better team this year due to stability in the middle. having the likes of conor and collie in there has helped other players likes jules, martin and eddie play great stuff also in their proper positions. the results proove that.

Advertisement