Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ableton

• 08-06-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Downloaded the demo of Ableton 8 (I'm still on 6) today.

Jaysus it's good!! The groove pool thingy kicks logic's ass for groove extraction and templates.

Anyone else tried it yet?

Think I'm gonna have to shell out the 200 euro for the upgrade, especially for the looper (for live performance that's gonna be epic!).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

still using 6 lite, but only really use it for quick tempo fixes

dont really like ableton for anything more than a scratchpad, so ive never bothered buying the full version

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

I'm sticking with Live 7 for the moment. I've had it for ages and it does everything I need.
    I've heard a lot of people saying that the new warp engine isn't that much of an improvement so I was thinking of waiting for a while to see how it pans out.
    There are ways that you can make your own groove templates in 7, although not as simple as what you can do with 8.

Very excited about what I've seen in 8 but deffo sticking with 7 for the rest of the year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

yeah my main reason for upgrading is that the audio quality out of 6 is truly awful. even with warp turned off it sounds dodgy as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Using version 8 and yes the groove pool is very cool. Also with the looper have come up with some great random sounds not really knowing what I'm doing. I got the suite and collision looks very cool but haven't got my head around it yet. Will sit down this week(end) and try and master it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Have you thought about asking them for an endorsment Jtsuited? - they threw a copy of ableton 5 my way for half price ;) - pity i didn't install it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Haha, an endorsement from ableton.

Think I'll need a 1998 of my own before I'm in the 'free software' circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Nah, if your active and gigging out and have releases you'd be surprised ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Hi guys,
    This months Computer Music mag is a special on DJing and includes an Ableton Live DJ project.

If anyone has Ableton and just hasn't been able to make progress with it then this is a great start. The project is a complete mini DJ set thats been warped and set up for performance.
    If nothing else this will give you a template that you can place your own tracks into once you've played with the example.

Advertisement