Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zanussi Oven Tripping RCD On Electricity Consumer Unit

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

My 9 year old Zanussi double oven had started to trip out the cooker RCD on my consumer unit. Deffo the oven as I checked the cooker isolation switch & hob.

Only problem I ever had with it before was when the fan assisted ovens heater element broke & I had to replace it. It's been working fine and now suddenly this.

It's tripping the RCD every time I even turn the cooker isolation switch on without either of the 2 ovens switched on! :eek:

Any help or ideas appreciated before I go out and stump for a new one :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Thought i'd try the simple task of pearing back the live, neutral & earth wires and just re-wiring the cooker at the back plate. It worked & cooker back working again. :D

Advertisement