Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest surf spots to Galway?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Ok so im a beginner surfer living in galway, and I want to surf more regularly. Doesnt sound too bad, does it?

Except I wont have a car for a year and a half (not 17 yet) and there are no busses from galway to lahinch or fanore as far as i know of. I dunno much about surfing in Clifden, never been out there...

Anyone got any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

you have to go south or north,

nothing out clifden way,

and if your a begineer, get into the pool and do length after length to build up stamina, V important when your beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Howdy,

There is a bus to Doolin that passes down the coast road (as far as I know). Noel, the regular bus driver, is an old surf hand and might drop you where you need to go (if you ask nicely).

Alternatively get the bus to Sligo and then out to Strandhill, as far as I know the service is pretty decent.

Finally, get some mates together and pitch in to get a car. Its what we did in the day. Living in Galway you generally spend more time driving than in the water, but sure how bad.

OB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fiachy

Think ill try that bus to Doolin. Whats the surf like there? me being a beginner and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Yeah, maybe skip on Doolin till you have some more experience :cool:

If the bus goes down the coast road you could hop off in Fanore (thats what I was thinking).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fiachy

Kk will check the bus time table, see if theres anything to fanore, thanks! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement