Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone cannot be restored

Options
  • 07-06-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

..an unknown error occurred. (13)

I recently got a replacement iphone (last one went loopy on me) and now I'm already having trouble with this one. It wouldn't back up properly so i tried to restore it. Got the above error so I uninstalled itunes and installed it again, tried again and same thing happened. Then I tried it on another laptop...happened again. I bought a 10" medion laptop yesterday...so...brand new laptop, downloaded itunes, tried to restore again, and surprise surprise, it happened again. Will the phone have to go back again do we think? Surely must be a fault of somekind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

..an unknown error occurred. (13)

I recently got a replacement iphone (last one went loopy on me) and now I'm already having trouble with this one. It wouldn't back up properly so i tried to restore it. Got the above error so I uninstalled itunes and installed it again, tried again and same thing happened. Then I tried it on another laptop...happened again. I bought a 10" medion laptop yesterday...so...brand new laptop, downloaded itunes, tried to restore again, and surprise surprise, it happened again. Will the phone have to go back again do we think? Surely must be a fault of somekind.

Have you tried putting the phone in DFU mode? Follow these instructions:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

It may take a few attempts but as long as you do it correctly the phone should restore perfect!

Video Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

No that didn't work.

Turns out there was a fault in the wire i was using to connect with itunes!

Advertisement