Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claiming if away temporarily

• 07-06-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Is it possible to still claim job seekers if I'm temporarily in another part of the country? Can I arrange to collect it in that part of the country to arrange to get it when I get back?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

are you moving there for some time or are you there just for a couple of weeks on vacation?

if it's the former, you can transfer your address. If it's the latter, you can take up to two weeks' vacation per year as long as you inform the social welfare office before hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

it will stay in your local PO for one week, used to be 3 weeks, and if you dont colect it you get cut off. You can go in and sign a form 2 say you're away on hols and then sign form when you back and collect when you home again but you cant transfer a payment on a short term basis from what i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gruver

My collection day is Wednesday. Do I have until the following Tuesday to collect my payment from the Post Office? Other posters seem to think it is three days (i.e. I'd have to collect it no later than Friday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The only way to know for sure is to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gruver

I called the Post Office and learnt that I can collect my payment any time prior to 5:30 on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement