Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstall for sale query

Options
  • 07-06-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Well I plan on selling my beloved iBook soon and obviously plan to give it a fresh install before sale. Question is, do i reinstall leopard, or use the original restore disks that came in the box and put it back to Tiger??

If i install leopard i will not be able to give the buyer the disks as its part of the "Family Pack" upgrade.

What would you do?

Thanks, John
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pvik00

johnk123 wrote: »
    Well I plan on selling my beloved iBook soon and obviously plan to give it a fresh install before sale. Question is, do i reinstall leopard, or use the original restore disks that came in the box and put it back to Tiger??

If i install leopard i will not be able to give the buyer the disks as its part of the "Family Pack" upgrade.

What would you do?

Thanks, John

It's really your decision based on what you negotiate with the prospective buyer.
    I think it's easiest if you reinstall the OS it originally came with if you do not plan on giving away your Leo media.

Advertisement