Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Marketing

Options
  • 07-06-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am developing a website which is due to be completed mid July (bug tested and beta completed), And would like advice on how to effectively start an advertising campaign through Ireland to create heavy traffic from day one.

How much an effective Adwords ad campaign cost?

Word of mouth is what I would be aiming for but to get things rolling I need ideas.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

What type of website will it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

For protection of privacy all I could really say thus far is retail. That would accurately describe it without giving away to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GoldenGoose

Hi,

An effective adwords campaign isn't going to happen overnight. It will take time and require fine tuning to build up the level of traffic you appear to want.

Even word of mouth is going to take time to build so your hope of "heavy traffic from day one" seems unrealistic using these approaches, particularly as you seem reluctant to reveal anything before D-Day.

To meet your requirement the only thing that springs to mind is radio, local and national. Don't panic I'm not talking about buying air-time.

You phone in about whatever topic they are discussing or inviting calls about and somehow (this bit requires imagination and ingenuity on your part) introduce you website name into the conversation in some at least vaguely relevant way.

perhaps at the beginning

DJ - 'Hi Gobnet what you doing today?'
    You - 'Hi Nicky, I'm launching my new website www.MySecretRetailBusiness.com

BANG national coverage lol

No guarentees, but as Del liked to say, 'He who dares, wins'

GoldenGoose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

And would like advice on how to effectively start an advertising campaign through Ireland to create heavy traffic from day one.

This is really simple........just spend a few million euro on a sustained nationwide radio, TV and print marketing campaign.

Job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭glanman

keefg wrote: »
    This is really simple........just spend a few million euro on a sustained nationwide radio, TV and print marketing campaign.

Job done :)

Its worked for ben dunne, "tenderme.com" :)

If you have the money thats the only way. We would all love to have heavy traffic to our site when its launched!

I would say if the few million euro option is not available, which I am presuming, I would say use word of mouth through internet forums etc. get posting, raise awareness, drive interest and if you have a good site with decent offers then people will go to it, tell there friends and other posters on sites like this. If you can afford a freebie that will also draw traffic but it is VERY IMPORTANT that you have substance to keep people interested and make them want to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

glanman wrote: »
    Its worked for ben dunne, "tenderme.com" :)

If you have the money thats the only way. We would all love to have heavy traffic to our site when its launched!

I would say if the few million euro option is not available, which I am presuming, I would say use word of mouth through internet forums etc. get posting, raise awareness, drive interest and if you have a good site with decent offers then people will go to it, tell there friends and other posters on sites like this. If you can afford a freebie that will also draw traffic but it is VERY IMPORTANT that you have substance to keep people interested and make them want to come back.

Could do with a few million myself. :D

To the OP.....

Have you thought about setting up social network profiles related to the site? Facebook, Bebo, Twitter etc and use them as a tool to promote and drive traffic to the site.

Might also help a bit with the SEO if you have a few external linkys pointing back to your main site.

Advertisement